Thursday, August 26, 2010

Soldering Experiment

So it's my birthday, and I'm spending the better part of it studying. There should seriously be a law against that. But I did get in a little bit of exercise - I do love my yoga. And then I have my ice cream cake to look forward to later tonight (I feel fatter already). So it'll be great.

Anyway, I kept forgetting to post this, but a couple weeks ago I went to visit my aunt, and we decided to experiment with soldering (pronounced sawtering, if you're like me and say it as you see it). We had a hot, smelly tool that looked like a broken curling iron, and we had to cut our own glass (and in my case, my fingers! hehe, accident prone). It was so much fun, though, and I love how my little charm turned out. I still have to find a good necklace chain for it...

Here's how it turned out:


I love the little bulldog. <3

& I won't be able to stick to my goals this weekend...my family is taking a mini vacation in honor of my b-day. But I'll make up for it when I come back!

Enjoy your day!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you soldered?? ^^ I loved that in physics, but there was no time. The charm turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the smoke was freaking me out! Every time I moved it, the iron would send up this wave of smoke. O.O"
    But thanks~! I love it!

    ReplyDelete