Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Two-Minute Tutorial

Literally, this is one of the quickest, simplest things I've ever made. And yet it turns out looking so stylish and fun. I haven't had much crafting time this week (yesterday I left the house at 11 AM, and didn't get back till 1 AM!...tiring day), but even the busiest person can find the time to sit down and make this:



Cute, right? I made this one from a dark brown button (though I thought it was black for the longest time), and a vintage...I think it was a button. But who knows. So long as it looks nice.

Now, you'll need a pile of buttons, possible things to layer on top of them (like my tiny salvaged compass), a ring base (I broke some costume jewelry to make mine, but any craft store should have them), and a hot glue gun.


First, select the two things you want to put together. Two buttons, one bigger and one smaller, look very sweet layered, and if you have maybe a little charm or toy that you think would look good, definitely give it a shot. Then, take your hot glue gun and glue them together. You can center it, or even on the edge could be cute.


(I was excited to get to show off my manicure, hehe)

Then glue it on the ring base. Don't skimp on the glue!



And there you have it. This is so simple, you really don't even need the instructions to figure out how to make your own....but you have them anyway. Just in case.




No comments:

Post a Comment