Monday, August 23, 2010

Lacy Lolita and Ballerina Headbands

I was thinking that it would be fun to make gifts for my two cousins, whose birthdays are coming up (along with mine!:D), and headbands are simple and pretty to make. I got a roll of tulle from Goodwill, and then I had leftovers from a shirt I made. So I got to work, and came up with two lovely headbands.



The tulle flowers weren't too hard to make. All I did was knot them at the end and twist them around the knot until the flower was the size I wanted. Since the material is so flimsy, though, it was a bit difficult to work with. I just had to use a lot of glue, haha.



Then for the other one, I glued lace onto the top of the headband and made the flowers out of fabric remnants. I had a strand of plastic pearls that I had been saving, and I glued that on, too. It's really pretty, but as soon as I finished, I was convinced it was so fancy the only time she could wear it was at her wedding...then my sister came in and said, "Wow! You have to make me one of those!" And that made me feel better.
I do really love how it turned out:



Profile shot!



1 comment:

  1. Really vicki these are looking so cute....hmmmm....send me nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww one of them.............

    ReplyDelete