Monday, February 6, 2017

Winter Style Essentials

Photo Feb 06, 2 16 43 PM
Photo Feb 06, 2 21 24 PM

I'm back to share my winter style essentials!

I don't know about you, but winter here in the Pacific Northwest has been cold. Every morning is a struggle to get out of bed, and usually Miss Adelaide and I, and Josh on the weekends, spend the first part of our day snuggled up under blankets as we wait for the house to warm up a bit. I'm generally cold anyway, so I tend to pack on the layers in the wintertime, especially if I'm leaving the house.

Here are my 7 winter essentials:

Photo Feb 06, 2 23 47 PM
Photo Feb 06, 2 26 41 PMPhoto Feb 06, 2 29 10 PM

01. Sweaters My main goal in winter is to remain cozy, and the first step towards that is a chunky, preferably wool, sweater. My favorite right now is my trusty Norwegian sweater--100% wool, baggy, and oh so warm. I've been wearing it with turtlenecks, which may not be the most fashion-forward outfit, but it's cozy, and that's all that matters.

02. A Good Winter Coat This is so important, and to be honest, I'm still searching for that perfect winter coat. I love my Calvin Klein one, because it's really flattering, but I'm on the hunt for something a bit heavier for maximum warmth.

03. Gloves I remember when I was little, I hated wearing gloves, because they were difficult to put on, and I didn't like how they felt. Now, I get upset if I leave the house without them. They are a must to keep my hands warm in the winter months!

04. Wool Socks Thick, woolen socks are the best for keeping my feet cozy on our cold, wood floors, and are great outside, poking out of a pair of cute boots during walks! And boots are definitely a winter essential. And fall, and spring. And on a cold day in summer.

05. Knit Scarves I love scarves, since they're a quick, stylish way to add extra warmth to an outfit. I bought a couple of huge knit scarves from Forever21's clearance section a few years ago, and they're still going strong!

06. Hats I've also just started to add beanies to my winter arsenal--I've never been a big hat person, but I think they're growing on me, because they're pretty handy for keeping my ears warm on walks.

Photo Feb 06, 2 35 57 PM

07. Lotion & Chapstick And finally--my last two essentials are in a bit of a different vein, but they're still really important during winter: lotion and chapstick. I'm currently using Aveeno's 24 Hour Moisturizing Lotion and Burt's Bees lip balm, which I talked about in my beauty capsule posts (pictured is the pomegranate, but I also really like the eucalyptus). Since I got pregnant, my skin has changed quite a bit, and I've suffered a lot more from dry skin than ever before, so both are very necessary during these cold, dry months!

Photo Feb 06, 2 35 14 PM

 

//Outfit Details://Sweater: Forever 21 (similar) / Scarf: Forever 21 (similar, from J Crew) / Beanie: Josh's (similar)/ Gloves: Target / Socks: Target / Jeans: Ross / Bag: Thrifted (similar)//

 

There you have it! What are your essentials for winter?

 

 
Shop this post:


1 comment: