Monday, February 13, 2017

The T-Shirt + Leggings + Sweater Formula

Photo Feb 10, 2 50 06 PM

Happy Monday, friends! I hope you all are having a good start to your week. I had a bit of a surreal moment this morning when I came out of my bedroom and the house was still clean. Usually I have so much cleaning to catch up on after the weekend, and today, all the house needs is a quick tidy, and it's good to go, leaving me with time to catch up on everything else I want to get done.

Photo Feb 10, 2 48 59 PMPhoto Feb 10, 2 45 49 PMPhoto Feb 10, 2 47 48 PM

This outfit is what I'm referring to as my "winter mom uniform." When I'm around the house, taking care of baby all day, I tend to opt for something comfortable, soft, slouchy; clothes that I don't mind getting the inevitable bits of baby food or spit up on. Typically, my formula is a t-shirt, leggings, and a cozy sweater, with a messy ponytail. It's casual, but easy enough to dress up, with the right shoes and accessories, for running errands or even an evening in with friends.

So, let's talk about these pieces:

01. White Tee

This t-shirt I picked up from Target at the end of summer is just perfection. I've spent the past few years searching for the perfect white t-shirt, and I think I finally found it in this. It's light and flowy, which is perfect for summer, but it also layers really nicely, and I think it's just one of those staple wardrobe pieces. A white tee and jeans is one of the most classic outfits in my mind.

02. Leggings

I'm still a bit in the 'leggings aren't pants' group, but when they're thick and paired with a long tee or sweater, I'm all in. Plus they're just so dang comfortable. I go through leggings like mad because I tend to wear them as sleepwear as well, and because of the eczema on my legs I like to swap them out often. So, I go for the cheapo ones from Forever 21, because, A. You can't beat $4, and B. They're high-waisted and great for holding in that postpartum belly that just doesn't want to go away.

03. Longline Sweater

Oh my goodness, this sweater. Our Goodwill was a bit of a gold mine last Sunday--usually I find a few small items, but last week, I came home with a new sweater, a little black dress, a bear suit for Adelaide, and a sweet vintage chair. And that was after some serious editing of our cart. I knew I needed this sweater in my closet the moment I saw it, because I love the fact that it's basically a bathrobe that's acceptable to wear in public, it's a warm knit, and it's the perfect shade of blue. I also really like the rolled sleeves. It went straight into my winter capsule, which I am planning to do an update on before I share my spring capsule, since I've already edited it a bit.

Together, these pieces create the perfect cozy home outfit. I added a simple necklace for interest, and my go to ankle boots for going out.

//Outfit Details://T-Shirt: Target / Leggings: Forever21 / Sweater: Thrifted (similar) / Necklace: Charlotte Russe (similar) / Boots: American Eagle (similar)//



What's your everyday outfit formula?

Shop this post:



4 comments:

  1. You look so cozy! Pretty much my "at home mom uniform" as well. Cold weather and leggings just go together. And they're so comfy, especially while I'm pregnant. If I need to go out, I just put a skirt over them and am ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hot here in Australia but this outfit is lovely nonetheless! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Hope it cools down for you guys soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. Leggings were amazing when I was pregnant! So handy. :) Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete