Wednesday, February 15, 2017

5 Things I Love About My Husband

P1010014
Photo Feb 15, 2 07 44 PM
Photo Feb 15, 2 05 55 PM
Photo Sep 23, 11 55 34 AM

Happy hump day, friends! I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Like I wrote in my last post, Josh and I have never really done anything to celebrate, but I wanted to use the holiday as an excuse to pamper ourselves, which I feel like we don't do often enough since we've become parents! I wrote Josh a long, sappy card, made us a candlelit dinner, we had some admittedly terrible wine, then we cuddled and watched About Time, and ate too much dessert. It was really nice to just spend that time together, and I'm thinking we need more evenings like that in our lives.

Anyway, because it was Valentine's Day, and because I love any excuse to be cheesy, I thought I would share a post on five things I love about Josh.

01. His Understanding

This is really one of the things I love most about Josh. He always takes the time to listen to me, is never dismissive,  and doesn't jump to conclusions, but always tries to get to the root of the problem and see how he can help, even if it's just by providing snuggles. He managed to put up with my mood swings during pregnancy (I was a prickly thing in the first trimester, and often cried over nothing), and he was such a help when I was fighting the worst of my postpartum depression.

02. His Immaturity

Oh my goodness. So immature. He makes me laugh until I have tears streaming down my cheeks because he's just made the dumbest, most unfunny joke. But really, it makes going through life so much more fun when we can be immature together, especially during hard times. Like he always says, "If we can laugh and joke about it, then there's no problem."

03. How Much he Loves and Cares for Family

This was one of the things that I found really attractive about Josh when we first started dating. When I spent time with him and his family, I saw that he really cared about them, and really wanted to help out with any problems they were having (his whole family is that way, and I love that about them). And now that we have our own little family, seeing how hard he works for us, and how much he loves me and Adelaide, it just warms my heart.

04. His Love for Mean Girls

Seriously, it's just about his favorite movie, and I think it's so cute. But really, a guy who will willingly watch chick flicks with you? That's a keeper. I remember one time when he was feeling down, he made me watch Tangled with him. So. Cute.

05. His Face

It might just be me, but I think my guy is pretty dang handsome, and I love his face. The nose, the eyebrows, the little bit of green in his eyes, the beard, everything.


Ok, now it's your turn! Tell me something you love about that special someone in your life! How did you spend your Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment