Thursday, October 17, 2013

casual for everyday wear


//scarf: charlotte russe / top: kohl's / ring: ebay / skirt: made by me / tights: grocery outlet (believe it or not!) / booties: thrifted//

Up until now this fall, my daily outfit has consisted of mostly jeans and a t-shirt, mostly, I think, because I wanted to be comfortable in the mornings when I nanny (and ain't nobody got time to throw together a cute outfit at 7:00 am!), but I finally fell into a denim rut, where I was sick of wearing jeans day in and day out. So I threw together a comfortable (and surprisingly cute!), fall-like outfit with my favorite denim shirt (which I LOVE when I'm babysitting and likely to end up with baby food all over my shirt) and brown skirt. I added the tights for warmth, and the scarf made added a pop of color. I also was good enough to pull everything out the night before, so it would be easy to slip into in the morning. I did forget to pull out shoes, though, and this morning, when I was looking for shoes, I stumbled across these booties. I got them at Goodwill ages ago, and had actually put them in my giveaway pile some time ago, but I realized that they went perfectly with my brown skirt I pulled them on. I'm kinda in love with them at the moment.

I hope you all are having a fantastic week!

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

15 comments:

  1. This outfit looks comfy and snugly. I like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply darling. (and you!)

    missabbeynoelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?I want those shoes!!
    looking gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those shoes! So cute!
    Adorable outfit, Vicki!
    How have you been? I haven't talked to you in forever! Time flies by so quickly!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit, Vicki! I also looooove your hair. It's always perfect in all your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denim is like the magic fabric--except in the case of black grease, it's practically impossible to stain! :) You look pretty cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute, casual outfit! All of these pieces are such fail-proof items, and they look effortless together :)

    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I haven't visited your blog in so long! I missed it :p Anyways, this outfit is so pretty and fallish! And omg, love those booties. I would definitely not put those in your giveaway pile... unless you're a size 8 and you live near me. 'cause they're really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit! The first photo is awesome! You are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those boots are cool! The whole outfit is cute and looks warm. (Especially if you had to walk through all the fog in that one picture.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. like it! and those foggy pictures are just stunning. <3

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so freakin' adorable! Love casual skirt outfits. They just make me feel so feminine. Isn't it amazing that back in the 50's women actually had "play" dresses? haha

    Glad you kept the booties, they are cute :)

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete