Wednesday, October 9, 2013

a glorious, hazy morning


Since I started nannying for my aunt in the mornings, I've been up much earlier than I usually would be on any ordinary day, getting up at 7:00 am as opposed to my more usual 9:00-10:00 am. And although I'm not a morning person by any means, I have fallen in love with the still, quiet mornings. After the older children head off to school, there's usually about an hour-long window of time where the others are still asleep and I'm able to simply enjoy the morning, which usually means curling up with a good book. This morning, the children left for school, and I sat down to do just that, when I noticed the glorious fog outside the window. It wasn't the usual gray fog that's common here, but the sun was shining through it, giving it a golden aura. So, of course, I grabbed my camera and headed out into the cold morning to capture it. I'm usually not creative in the mornings, but my creative juices were flowing, and I spent nearly an hour just snapping pictures. The haze with the sun shining through it just made even the most mundane sights seem interesting, and I love how it made me feel closed off from the rest of the world. I was also glad for the opportunity to practice my photography, since I'm really interested in learning how to take good pictures. I would get ready to head inside, or I would go inside, and then I'd see something and get another idea until finally I had finished and headed inside to warm up with a cup of instant coffee, snap some more photos of pretty things inside, and type up this post before the kids woke up. The fog is burning off now as I write this post (yay for spontaneous blogging! This is something new...) and I'm happy I was blessed with the opportunity to take these photos. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

7 comments:

  1. I love these photos! Mornings are the best, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect morning! I'm not a morning person, either, but I do enjoy the stillness of early morning. It's so peaceful. And sunlight shining through early morning fog? Beautiful! I love these pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fog, and early mornings, and the peace and quiet which goes with both. It is just a lovely feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. still, quiet, foggy mornings are definitely on my blessing list. <3

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty! I love quiet foggy mornings, too!

    ReplyDelete