Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Brightly Painted Flowers

//Skirt: Thrifted & Refashioned // T-shirt: Thrifted // Wedges: Target // Scarf: Daiso // Bracelet: Gift//

Hello, everyone! A glorious thing has happened--whatever was wrong with my camera is now fixed! The whole thing is very strange...this morning I may or may not have knocked it off my bed and onto the floor, and when I turned it on to make sure it wasn't damaged, that troublesome black spot had disappeared! I'm incredibly grateful that I won't have to buy a new camera right away. That will definitely make it easier to save for a better camera.

Anyway, this citron skirt is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It's surprisingly versatile, and it's lightweight, too, so perfect for summer! For church this past week, I just paired it with a plain black tee, and added some floral accessories for some extra color. These wedges are just about my favorite shoes, since they're so pretty and surprisingly comfortable, and I always love coming up with new ways to wear them. Also, they're pretty high, so they let me tower over my little sisters, who are already passing me up in height, and love rubbing in the fact that I'm the shortest. 

I hope you all are having a great week! I just filmed another video today, since I had some extra time (and a working camera!), so I'll be posting that later this week as well. 

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

9 comments:

  1. love this outfit -- especially the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you fixed your camera...sort of :) I just love that picture with the flowers in the foreground!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vicki.
    You look gorgeous!
    Your skirt is stunning!and the shoes too!
    Please check out my blog at rockingtherunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, Vicki!
    LOL! That's so awesome about your camera, don't you love it when accidents FIX things?! My current camera is pretty durable, it's been dropped numerous times (mostly by other people) and it's still going strong!

    Ah, yes...siblings...I'm the shortest in my family as well (actually my younger sister is an inch shorter than me...but she's 13...) I'm 5"8, would be considered slightly tall, however not in my family! Dad's 6'3", Mom's 5'9" eldest brother's 6'4", eldest sister is 5'10", then me at 5'8" and my younger brother at 6' and younger sister at 5'7"! So yeah, I got the short stick....
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HURRAY about your camera!! That is good news. It is always nice to be able to save up for the one you are looking for then having to buy one just to get you by.

    I like your outfit! Scarfs are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I so need to go shopping at Daiso soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely outfit! That scarf and your wedges are both gorgeous!

    To answer your question, I'm currently just storing my hope chest stuff in an empty cabinet in my parents basement + in a couple Tupperware containers - also in the basement. But since I've also acquired several pieces if furniture, I'll be investing in a storage locker to keep it all in soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely! And I best those shoes are really fun to wear. Wedges are really the only kind of comfortable shoes, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The yellow skirt is gorgeous.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete