Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Very Monochromatic Look

//Blouse, Shoes, Bag: Thrifted // Skirt: Refashioned // Necklace: Fred Meyer // Stockings: JCP //

I picked up these cute little thigh-high stockings at JC Penneys the other week on their clearance rack. I am never quite sure what to think about the idea of wearing these style socks with skirts, because I have seen so many cute looks with them, but I never quite seem to be able to pull them off. It may be because I don't like knees in general (you know, like some people have an aversion to feet? I have an aversion to knees!), and this style kind of emphasizes the knees. Still, I wanted to try out the trend again, and so last Sunday, when it was quite chilly, I threw these on with my outfit, thinking I'd gain some extra warmth along with the monochromatic look. And I think I like it! 

Also...on a not-so-happy note, my camera has been having issues. The very week after I decided to start putting aside money for an SLR, a black spot appeared on the screen and also in the pictures. I'm thinking it has to be something on the lens, but the lens looks perfectly fine! My mother, the professional photographer, is completely mystified by the entire thing, and I'm not completely sure what to do myself. I depend on that little point and shoot an awful lot (and it's not even a year old yet!), and I don't quite know what I'll do without it! Soooo, there may end up being less posts until I figure out the problem. Still, my sister did a really great job hiding the spot in these pictures, which was a little bit easier to do with all the black I was wearing! I was thrilled that these turned out actually usable.

Anyway! I hope you all have a lovely weekend! I'm heading back to school on Monday, and really hoping these classes won't be too crazy and I can still enjoy the summer.

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful look Vicki! I think you pull off the socks/skirt look very well.
    Blessings,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you pull off the knee socks well. And...omg, those shoes! Love them! I'm curious about that spot now--I may have to search the pictures for it now :p I hope you get the issues resolved soon though! Blah I've had camera trouble the past few days too. not fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those shoes are my absolute favorites...a bit big on me, but I love them anyways.(: haha, the easiest one to spot is in the bottom photo...I didn't do too much to try and edit it out. :P
      Hope you get your camera troubles resolved soon too!

      Delete
  3. I love the look of those socks! I agree, I bet they are hard to pull off, but I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very cool socks! I've been eyeing socks like those, thinking of getting a pair. I think I might now, they look rather nice with skirts I think. Also, I love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you pulled off the knee high socks very well! I've never really worn knee high socks myself, they just don't fit with my style, although I do think they're cute.

    ReplyDelete