Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Seaside Holiday





Shirt: H&M / Jacket: Ross / Necklace: eBay / Jeans: Fred Meyer / Boots: Amazon

Last week my family slipped away for a little mini vacation on the Oregon coast. We stayed in Seaside, an adorable little town right on the beach, and were able to shop around in local antique stores and raid the candy shops (there's one that sells chocolate dipped twinkies...oh my). We drove up to Tillamook to visit the cheese factory (and I may have gone through the tasting line multiple times...ahem), and we also made it to the outlet stores in Seaside. They have this amazing little Christian bookstore outlet...I found a book I've been wanting for ages ("The Realms Thereunder," by Ross Lawhead, who happens to be the son of one of my favorite authors, Stephen Lawhead), and then another book, sort of a political/historical book ("Ten Tortured Words," by Stephen Mansfield), which looks interesting, to say the least.

You wouldn't believe it from these pictures, but almost the entire time we were there (from Thursday evening to Saturday), it was pouring down rain. Even on Saturday as we were getting ready to leave, it was still coming down. BUT, right as we had finished packing the car, the rain stopped, and the sun poked its head out from behind the clouds. We quickly rushed to the beach, where it soon seemed as though it had never been raining at all. What a blessing!

I hope you all are having a wonderful week! I have snapped quite a few photos while we were at the beach, so there should be a post coming up with those soon!(:


7 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit for a beach outing, Vicki! Love the boots. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit, Vicki! I like the brown better than the black, jealous! :)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Your mini holiday sounds lovely!!! Chocolate, and old shoppes, and beaches...aw, such a wonderful way to spend a holiday!

    Thank you so much for your cover input! It helped me a lot!

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is John and you've been tagged, by me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful :) Thanks so much for following my blog and leaving me the lovely comment! If you ever want me to do a nail polish tutorial for your blog, I would love to :)

    In Christ,
    Emma Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those boots! :)
    -Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay. Those boots? Yes, I love them.
    The beach? Beautiful.
    And you? Gorgeous :)

    kianabates.blogspot.com

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete