Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Doctor Who Blog Party Tag {and Guest Posting!}

Doctor Who Blog Party - October 22nd

So, if you haven't heard of it, Natasha of Day by Day and Ashley of Bramblewood Fashion are hosting an utterly wonderful Doctor Who-themed blog party. There's all sorts of cool stuff going on over at their blogs, including this fun tag! Be sure to hop over and join in the fun if you haven't already!(: Here are my answers:


1| If you decided to name your first born child after any Doctor Who character, male or female, who would it be?
This is a toughie...probably Jack, Amelia, or Rory.

2| What is your favourite colour of the Doctor's shoes?
I love the red Converse that Ten wears!

3| Look around yourself and name the one thing that is TARDIS blue in your house!
Let's see...the quilt on my bed has some TARDIS blue shades!

4| If you could pick who plays the Twelfth Doctor which actor would you choose and why?
Haha, I just want Eleven to live forever! But I'm sure whoever they cast will be amazing. If I had to come up with any names, I'd say Colin Morgan or Tom Hiddleston (just to jump on the bandwagon...but I do think he'd be great in the role).

5| The Doctor is going back in time again, which historical era should he visit?
Has he ever gone to visit Jane Austen? That would be neat. Or Leonardo da Vinci.

6| Would you REALLY go with the Doctor in the TARDIS?

You know, I think I would. All of time and space is just too good to pass up, let alone the chance to travel with an amazing man like the Doctor. I've always dreamed of traveling, and I just think it would be utterly amazing to do it in a box that's bigger on the inside.

7| Who's your favorite Doctor and why?
This is a really bad question to ask me, because I love all the Doctors I've met so far. I love Eleven's quirkiness and his friendship with Amy and Rory (not to mention the bow tie...), I love Ten's hair, his Converse, and his love for Rose, and I love Nine because he was the first Doctor I really met, and just because he's awesome.



8| Would you be afraid to spend Christmas in London?
The Queen wasn't afraid to spend Christmas in London, even with the threat of the Titanic crashing into the palace, so why should I be afraid? I think it would be amazing. And if anything did happen, I could be sure the Doctor would arrive to save the day! On second thought...I think I'd be pretty disappointed if nothing did happen, haha.

9| Do you look at an ordinary screwdriver and think 'this could be a bit more sonic?'
Oh yes. Screwdrivers never seem to work for me...a sonic one would be quite nice.

10| Angel statues, plastic mannequins, Christmas trees - what ordinary everyday object would you love to make an object of terror to Whovians were you Steven Moffat?
Hmm...perhaps electric lights? They're everywhere, so if some alien creature took over all the lights, it could be pretty freaky. Or maybe computers.

11| The TARDIS lands in your garden and the Doctor steps out. What is the first thing you say to him?
"Oi, Spaceman! What do you think you're doing crushing my roses?" Haha, but really, I would probably go into shock, and once I had gotten over it, something like "What took you so long! Come on, we've got the world to save."

12| Who is your favorite actor who has played the Doctor so far and why?
Ooh, if I really have to choose, probably David Tennant. Aside from his amazing hair and that smile that makes me go weak at the knees, he's a brilliant actor. I do love Matt Smith as well, though...it's almost a toss-up between the two (he's got great hair as well!).

13| Have you seen any Classic Doctor Who? If so, which Doctor/episode(s) is your favorite?
When I was little I watched some of the episodes with Peter Davison in them with my dad. I don't remember any specific episodes, though! Someday I may go back and watch more.

14| Which are the creepiest, scariest and all-out meanest baddies in all the Who-niverse?
The Silence really scare me. Those are the ones that haunt me at night!


15| Who is/are your favorite Companion(s) and why?
I really loved Rose. She and the Doctor were great together. And I also loved Amy and Rory! I cried buckets when they left the show. They were an example of true love, and watching them together just made me happy.

16| Did you cry more watching Doomsday or The Angels Take Manhattan?
That's pretty hard for me to answer...I mean, it's been so long since I watched Doomsday, and I just watched the angels episode this month. I know I was absolutely devastated by Doomsday, but I also cried my eyes out when Amy and Rory left. Amy's choosing to go back to Rory, coupled with the Doctor crying and River trying to be strong, it just got to me. Still, I feel like Amy and Rory's ending was more happy than Ten and Rose's, because Amy and Rory were able to spend the rest of their lives together, but Ten would never be able to be with Rose...and I suppose their relationship was doomed to end tragically already, but still--it's so sad!

17| What is your favorite quote from the show?
I can't just choose one, so here are five that came to mind...

Ten: Allons-y! It's French for 'let's go.'

Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and says, 'Ooh, this could be a little more sonic?'

Amy: If we're going to die, let's die looking like a Peruvian folk band.

Amy: Raggedy man, I remember you, and you are LATE for my wedding!

Nine: Don't drop the banana!
Jack: Why?
Nine: Good source of potassium!

And as an added bonus:

image by me


18| Which Doctor (including all previous regenerations) would you most like to be the companion of, and why?
Oof...either Ten or Eleven of I had to choose, but I'm not picky! So long as it's the Doctor!

19| Which of the following are you more scared of, the Daleks, Cybermen, or the Weeping Angels?
Well...the weeping angels scare me quite a bit, but I don't think I'd completely mind being sent back to a different time period (aside from being forced to leave my family...), so they kind of strike me as cool. And I always kind of liked the daleks...I think they're cute, in a completely evil way, of course! I love the episode where Amy and the Doctor meet Churchill and the "domestic" dalek asks "Would you like some tea??" So that leaves the cybermen. They don't scare me so much because they don't LOOK scary, but what they do to you...*shudder* that's what's frightening to me!

20| Who are some of your favorite guest stars in the series?
Carey Mulligan, Georgia Moffet, Anthony Head, Colin Morgan, Hugh Bonneville, and Andrew Garfield, just to name a few.

21| What was your first experience with Doctor Who and how did you hear about the series?
As I mentioned earlier, I first met the Doctor when I was a little girl, but I officially met him after seeing the show on Netflix instant-to-watch. I added it to the queue, and then I decided to watch just one episode. And I was hooked.(:

22| The Ninth Doctor said, 'Fantastic!', Ten said, 'Allons-y', and Eleven says, 'Geronimo'; what would you like to be the signature exclamation of the Twelfth Doctor?
I haven't the foggiest idea, haha! Maybe something like, "Brilliant!" But I'm sure the writers will come up with something amazing.

23| If you were trapped in an episode, which one would it be?
Hmmm...probably Vincent and the Doctor or The Family of Blood. There are too many to choose from!

24| Which is your favorite episode with each Doctor (Nine, Ten and Eleven)?
Nine: The Empty Children and the Doctor Dances. Ten: I really love the Titanic episode, School Reunion, Blink, and Doomsday. Eleven: Vincent and the Doctor, hands down. Then the Power of Three and The Doctor's Wife.

screenshot by me, from Vincent and the Doctor

25| After watching a certain Doctor Who episode, did you summon up the courage to try fish sticks and custard?
Weeeeeeell, I don't really like fish sticks, and I'm not a huge custard fan either. I still cringe every time I see the Doctor eat them! If the opportunity arose, however, I might be game to give it a try.(;


Well, that's the end of that! Congratulations if you actually read all that! :P

Anyway! I guest-posted today (yesterday, I guess, since it's well after midnight now...) over at Tasha's lovely blog, Day by Day, sharing these two sweeties. Be sure to check it out!


4 comments:

  1. Uh-oh...my sister's gonna kill me...they switch Doctors AGAIN?! I'm okay with it, as like you said I liked all of them. However, my older sister gets VERY attached to characters in movies, she freaked when I told her they had 3 different people play the Doctor...4....
    Oh man! The WWII one has been the only one that has truly creeped me out! "Are you my mummy?" Of course it had nothing to do with watching at night when the house was super quite...or the fact that my sister decided it would be funny to say "Are you my mummy?" Outside my door in a voice that sounded disturbingly like the boy's! :)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on Vincent and the Doctor. Absolutely amazing episode! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Vincent and the Doctor, even though it is sad. It is a sweet, fun episode and I love Amy in it. She is so kind, and works so hard to cheer him up. *Happy sigh* My only dislike of it? Rory was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on Vincent and the Doctor, too. And good point about the Queen staying in London! I liked that bit, kind of in line with what the Queen Mother did during WW2. :-)

    ReplyDelete