Thursday, November 1, 2012

Purple and Lace





Top: Fred Meyer / Tank top: Thrifted / Skirt: Thrifted / Tights: Claire's / Shoes: Thrifted / Ring: Vintage

Sorry for the recent lack of posting, everyone! I came down with a sudden cold on Sunday...it started with a burning sore throat, which thankfully lasted only a day and a half, and then pretty much went away today, except for a few sniffles. It was so strange, because all weekend, I'd been feeling fine! A little tired, but I think that's quite normal after the first week back to school! And what was stranger still was that my sisters and I all caught it on the same day...the very same cold. Oh well. I was happy for the opportunity to rest a day and watch old comedies and drink lots and lots of tea. There isn't much that can top that!(; I hope all of you are staying well--I wouldn't wish that dastardly cold on anyone!

Anyway! This skirt is my new favorite skirt. Can you guess why? Weeeeell, it's purple, it's warm and cozy enough for winter, AND it has pockets! I love skirts with pockets...and really, anything with big deep pockets that I can just plunge my hands into when it's cold, or just when I don't quite know what to do with them...which is often. Since it's so full, I was a bit concerned that it might be a bit unflattering with the peplum top, but I think it turned out wonderfully. It was comfortable and combined some of my favorite elements, and that's all I cared about! What do you think? Do you ever make "unorthodox" fashion combinations?(:

I hope you all are having a fantastic week!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are feeling better! I love that skirt too- the color is amazing :)
    -Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you got sick! I love your outfit. The lace top is adorable and I love your boots (o:

    Lizzy <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better! And the outfit is adorbs! I've been craving lace lately. The whole outfit is just gorgeous. And I'm not usually one for printed tights, but your's are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. Colds are never fun. :( Glad you're feeling better!

    Beautiful outfit! Love the skirt and top!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit, Vicki! I love that purple and the tights are super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear you had a cold, but glad you were able to get over it and enjoy some time with tea and comedies.

    I love your new outfit! It is very lovely. And I think it looks wonderful with the top. (I like to do that sometimes, wear things that shouldn't go together, only they never look as nice as yours. Probably because they are my editing clothes and I just pick up whatever happens to be closest.)

    I think there should be a NaNo for students. Because, as you said, students likely end up writing 50,000 words in the month, even if it isn't in a book.

    I hope all your essays and such go well and don't wear you out.

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Vicki,
    you look awesome in this outfit..And the lace stuff is always my favorite..so good!
    I hope you are feeling better now :)
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugh is fast winning me over. I like Alyce, but Trisli can be a bit annoying at the moment. (Mostly I'm standing back and letting these characters do as they like.)

    You should count all the words you write in school this month, to see the scary amount you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great look! Absolutely adorable.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Vicki,

    We think that it is so nice of you to follow our blog! Thank you!

    Beautiful plush purple with pockets ~ perfectly charming! Unorthodox fashion combinations are what we are all about. When we see something we like, and it works, we go for it.

    We are following your blog.

    Spice

    ReplyDelete