Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lace & Nostalgia







Lace Blouse, Tank Top, Sweater: Thrifted / Skirt: Made by me / Necklace: Claire's / Shoes: Maurices'

This outfit is quite clearly Downton Abbey inspired...after I first began watching the series when it started last year, I quickly fell in love with the feminine styles and long, high-waisted skirts. Without my even noticing it, the styles crept their way into my wardrobe, and I found myself wearing more blouses tucked into high-waisted skirts. It just seems like such an elegant, timeless style to me, and it also has that hint of romance. I love the feel of a full length skirt against my legs, but I do trip over the hem every few minutes...their only downfall for me. I threw this outfit together quite quickly before church and was pleased with all the compliments I received!

Now, I think I'll scurry off and squeeze in some more knitting before bed...that sweater is certainly taking shape, but I have absolutely no patience. Knitting a garment takes so much longer than stitching one up, and sometimes I just want to fling my knitting at the wall! BUT...it is something to do with my fingers while watching movies, and then when it's finished, I'll have a warm feeling of satisfaction. I do want to hurry it up, though! I've been reorganizing my wardrobe, and I've found so many items to refashion!

I hope you all are having a lovely week!

10 comments:

  1. super cute! I am in love with the outfit. the lace, the high waist, the cardagian Very pretty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! LOVE this! All the colors and style are very reminiscent of the early 1900's!

    So we tried Doctor Who, it's actually pretty good! Only bad thing is, we taped one on the tv that I guess was from season 5 or something!! So I'm sort of confused now! My sister is getting the season 1 on Netflix, so hopefully we'll get a bit caught up and less confused! :)

    LOL! Yeah, I trip over my long dresses every so often-only embarrassing if someone else is looking! :)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful, old-fashioned-y looking outfit, Vicki! I love wearing long, full length skirts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I love long skirts, they are SUCH fun to wear and spin in! And movie inspired outfits is always fun!

    I hope your knitting goes well. It is nice to do during a movie, but I am like you and sometimes want to throw mine at the wall too.

    I've discovered the wonders of mum editing too. She helped with the story and I went, "Would you mind reading the book? *Bets eyes.*
    Mum's are wonderful 8-D

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! Downtown Abbey is one of my favorite shows! And this outfit is so lovely - I love the skirt and the photographs are absolutely gorgeous!! <3

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I'm a new, but huge Audrey Hepburn fan, so anything that looks a bit like her style is a huge plus to me! (Oh, and I'm so glad you liked those photos and they turned out well!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki,
    Thanks for the suggestion on my art blog! Honestly, I'd never thought of that! Brilliant idea! I'll be sure to use it with my next drawing (probably later tonight!)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I awarded you! :)
    http://natashamarieh.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit! I love Downton :)

    By the by, thou hast been tagged by me on mine blog.

    ~Nessima

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very glad you liked the bloopers!
    You have some Scottish in you? I love Scotland 8-) Which, kind of explains Kirk 8-D

    Yes, I believe cool characters must have cool coats...at least, as you said, according to the Doctor and Sherlock. It is an unwritten requirement.

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look gorgeous here~ Loooove these pictures!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete