Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy December!

Hi everyone,

I don't know about you, but I am SO incredibly excited for this December...I have presents to make, baking to do (and consume), songs to learn, and so much more! The holiday season is one of my favorites, and Christmas is one of my two favorite holidays (Easter is next!).

I also was able to register for my classes for winter quarter today! Economics, history, and creative writing (so in love with the idea of writing fiction all quarter, something i usually wouldn't get to do!).

And.....I'm a NaNoWriMo winner! I finished my 50,000 words early on the 30th, and then finished my drawings later that night. It's a nice feeling to have it done with, but now there's kind of a huge gap in my schedule....what to do, what to do?

Anyway, here are my drawings for days 13-16!

Day 13




Day 13's challenge was to create a comic. This is not quite a comic, rather one of my favorite scenes from Alice in Wonderland, but with the words of the caterpillar, it's ALMOST a comic.

Day 14




For day 14, I had to draw my favorite fairytale. I love fairytales, but one of my all-time favorites is East O' the Sun and West O' the Moon. It's been a huge inspiration to me in my own fairytale writing.(: This one probably took me the longest to draw. I got the whole background done quickly, but drawing the girl was so hard for me! I wasn't sure how to position her, how to draw her hair or expression...it was a mess. I very nearly wore a hole in the paper with my eraser. Then, I finished it! I still wasn't quite satisfied, but it would have to do. Somehow, the drawing made its way to my floor, and a few days later, was crumpled and bent. So I had to start over. I traced the background, but did the girl from scratch, and this time, I was happy with how it turned out. Yay!

Day 15




For day 15, the challenge was to do a family drawing. I drew a portrait of myself and my sisters, and I think it turned out rather nice! We all look very sisterly....I am the one on the far left, and then my middle sister, and then the youngest on the right, who I think looks the most like herself, though she claims it looks nothing like her. Oh well.

Day 16




Day sixteen's challenge was to draw my inspiration. Oh boy. That was a tough one. Alphonse Mucha, Sir Edward Burne-Jones, Charles Dickens, nature? Then I settled on my best influence, God and His Word. This drawing was inspired by a scene in my manga Bible, illustrated by Siku (which has such amazing art!). It's very close to the original, but I added my own details, like the skull and the background. And in some of my later drawings, you'll see this inspiration at work. Intrigued? I hope so!

Well, that's all for today! I hope you all are having a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment