Thursday, December 8, 2011

"Key to the Stars" Necklace

Hi everyone,

I know, three posts in a week? What IS the world coming to? I've just been feeling particularly inspired these days, and I have a lot to share!
Anyway, I thought I'd take a break from displaying the rest of my 30 drawings and share a craft instead. There's no tutorial, but if you're able to use a pliers and have a few charms and some lengths of chain lying around, it's fairly self-explanatory.

Have you seen those key necklaces that are so popular right now?
I've been wanting one for awhile now, but all the ones that I've really liked have been on the more expensive side. So I decided to make my own!

It all started when I found a rusty skeleton key in a bag of buttons I found at Goodwill. I cleaned it up, then attached it to a long, thick chain. But something was missing...It needed something more, some extra pizazz! And then, I found these earrings! I bought them at Claire's a few years ago, and I loved them, but they were just too heavy...so I took them apart, and ended up with this:







Pretty cute, huh? And so quick and easy too!

I hope you all have a lovely day!




I hope you all have a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. What a creative idea, looks great! I was reading your profile where it said you were home-schooled. That i so inspiring! How did you find the discipline to do it? I am now studying a post-grad source through correspondence but I'm so not disciplined to sit down and work at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey vicki this is extraordinary fun! Love the stars,i must say...twinkle twinkle little stars,hmm
    a cute & lovely attempt,keep sharing more :)
    ~Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Vicki! I make jewelry too, and one of my favorite things is taking apart jewelry I'm tired of, and making something new with it that I love! :D It ends up more special when you did it yourself, don't you think? Have a lovely day! :D

    Because He Lives,
    Kristen
    http://trueelegance92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you're really creative and talented. Your key necklace came out super cool. I have a key necklace, but it's pretty boring in comparison. Lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really cool idea. I never would have thought about doing this. It turned out beautiful!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweety, thanks for replying. I admire your determination!

    ReplyDelete