Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What I Love Wednesday #3

Hi everyone!

I am SO excited to say that I am bringing back "What I Love Wednesday"! I stopped doing it during November with the drawing challenge (and I know, I still haven't posted all the pictures...) and NaNoWriMo, but today, I'm bringing it back!



# 1 - Christmas Music


I love music year-round, but I especially love Christmas music. There are so many well-loved pieces connected with the season, and so many favorites to practice in choir; "Psallite", by Praetorius, "For Unto Us a Child is Born" and the "Halleluja Chorus" from the Messiah, and especially, my favorite arrangement of "Joy to the World," by Richard Proulx. It's such joyful music, and that's why I love it! And of course, I have some favorite albums to share with you:

Bing Crosby


From here.


Nat King Cole

From here.

Mitch Miller

From here.


# 2 - Lights


I don't know about you, but I love going out for a drive (or walk) and seeing all the gorgeous displays of lights! The photos are from a recent trip my family and I took to a garden near our home, where there are some pretty amazing sights to see! It was so much fun, but extremely crowded (I had my foot run over by a stroller) and cold!







# 3 - Snow



From here.


Have you had any snow yet? There has been so much talk of a harsh La Nina season here, yet the weather has been quite mild so far! No snow yet, though sometimes the morning frost is thick enough that if you squint a little, it could almost be snow! I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas, though...(:

# 4 - Christmas Movies


Oh my...this is one of my other favorite parts of Christmas. It's so hard, when someone asks me what my favorite Christmas movie is, because there are so many!


A Muppet Christmas Carol (my favorite version of the Dickens' tale...though the new Jim Carrey version was also excellent and very true to the book!)


White Christmas (such a beautiful movie!)


It's a Wonderful Life (I cry every time!)


The Miracle on 34th Street (This movie is so sweet!)

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4


Well, that wraps up another edition of "What I Love Wednesday"! I hope you enjoyed it! What are some of the things you are loving right now?

3 comments:

  1. Bing Crosby - love him. :sigh:

    I always cry when I watch It's a Wonderful Life, too. One of the few movies that actually makes me cry. :)

    Love White Christmas!

    I think I need to see The Muppet Christmas Carol. Muppet Treasure Island is one of my favs, so I'm sure I'll love it. =)

    Merry Christmas!
    ~Tasha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post, you know many things here are new for me..hehe..really! but I enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I hadn't commented about this earlier, but thank you for the Revelations 21:4 quote that you left at my blog when my sister died. We used that Bible passage during the funeral. Thanks again and Merry Christmas. :-)

    ReplyDelete