Thursday, December 15, 2011

Shabby Chic Chair Restyle

Hi everyone!

How has your week been going? For awhile, I was feeling terribly worn out and uninspired, but I think I'm starting to get back into the swing of things...I've been crafting and sewing like crazy, and it feels so nice! And there's that wonderful air of Christmas to inspire me as well...I'm busy as a bee trying to get presents finished off and then I still have cards to make! But it's fun, and it keeps me busy. ^^

This chair is a project that I just finished, but it's been under construction for several years now. I did part of it two years ago, then decided it needed something more. So I got back to work, only to run out of the supplies I needed! Fast forward two months...I got my supplies and voila! It was finished!



It started as a plain, wooden Ikea desk chair that had gotten rather battered after years of use. And so, I decided it needed a bit of a makeover, and this is what I came up with!



I decoupaged the entire chair with phone book pages (not an easy task, I quickly discovered), then added some detail to the seat with sheet music. I painted the seat first with uneven amounts of blue paint, which I pretty much just slopped on and spread out randomly, and then I spattered on some gold nail polish on a whim to add a nice sparkle.



Later, I painted the rest of the chair white. For this part, I invited my two sisters to help, and they were happy to spread white paint over the chair. I wanted a look of imperfection, so that the writing on the paper beneath would still show through. And finally...it was finished! I'm very pleased with it! What do you think? Have any of you ever attempted to restyle a piece of furniture?





I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Dear!! what a Nice effort :) the phone book pages decoupage on furniture is a fun idea! hope your sisters enjoyed the making :)
    Thanks for sharing with us !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You won the bow giveaway on my blog:D Please contact me at tori@fashiontrendsmore.com so I can send it to you.
    -Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comment love what you have done with the chair

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I've never re-styled furniture, but I've always wanted to. I would really like try something like this sometime.
    That is a really great idea to decoupage on a cassette tape wallet! I'd love to see what you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete