Saturday, April 2, 2011

Nancy Drew Fashion Week - Day 1

I had wanted to post these yesterday, but I never got around to it. Anyway, I think I mentioned this before, but this week is Nancy Drew fashion week, and since she is one of my favorite heroines, and I loved the idea of trying to dress like her, I just had to do it. With this outfit I tried to emulate a vintage Nancy. How do you think I did? I've always thought this shirt looked kind of vintage-y, especially paired with the skirt.(:



It was raining today, so I had to take my pictures inside....which I don't like because of the busy background, but once I blurred it it seemed less busy.

This is a shirt that I made for Thanksgiving from an old shirt that I had outgrown, and then paired with a sweatshirt handed down from my aunt (who also, incidentally, gave me this skirt!). I sewed it together, and added roses at the top, along with a funnel neckline. I also added on to the sleeves. I really love the result, and I made two other shirts using the same method.



And did you notice my purse?(; My parents gave it to me as a gift last Christmas.



I'll be back with today's photos tomorrow! (hopefully I'll get caught up pretty soon!)

-Vicki

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. waoo..its looking so fine..i like the blur image it seems like you are standing somewhere in space..or going to fly in air..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply darling. I love your purse and boots!

    ReplyDelete