Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Winter Capsule Wardrobe Additions

Photo Apr 04, 3 20 51 PM
Happy Tuesday, friends! I feel like my blogging schedule has been all over the place these days, but I'm working on getting it whipped back into shape, and hopefully bringing you more regular posts!

Anyway, I wanted to share some additions I've made to my capsule wardrobe. I mentioned in a previous post that I wanted my capsule to be more fluid to allow for flexibility, and also for the potential to replace pieces. I've already cut a couple of pieces that just didn't work for me because of poor quality and fit, and I've added maybe four pieces. Three of them are included in this post.
Photo Apr 04, 3 21 34 PM
Photo Apr 04, 3 21 57 PM
First, I picked up this little black dress for $6 on my last Goodwill trip. It's in great condition, it's the perfect length, a great cut, and the fabric feels nice, which is always important for me. I've already worn it 3 or 4 times since bringing it home, and I know it's going to be my new wardrobe staple!

Next, I snagged this gray turtleneck from the Target clearance rack for $4. It's so soft and cozy and the perfect shade of gray. I used to hate wearing turtlenecks because they felt too constricting on my neck, but now I have 3 that I absolutely love and are my favorite layering pieces. This one also has been on constant repeat since I bought it.
Photo Apr 04, 3 24 02 PM
Photo Apr 04, 3 19 12 PM
Finally, these boots. I think they've actually been part of all of my outfit posts since I got them for Christmas. They're comfy, practical, and they go with just about everything. If I had to choose one pair of shoes in my closet to keep and discard the rest, it would be these (or my wedding shoes...but those are neither comfortable nor practical).

I'm planning on doing a full capsule update right before I share my spring capsule. Is anyone else really over winter weather? I mean, I love all my winter pieces, but I'm just really excited for warmer weather (or even just sun? There was an article shared recently that Seattle has had only 3 days of sun since October!), and my spring capsule pieces.

What are you most looking forward to about spring?

//Outfit Details:// Dress: Thrifted (similar) / Turtleneck: Target / Belt: Thrifted / Bag: Thrifted / Boots: American Eagle (similar) / Necklace: Josh//



Shop this look:



No comments:

Post a Comment