Monday, April 10, 2017

Spring Capsule Planning

Photo Apr 04, 3 07 34 PM
Photo Apr 04, 1 50 33 PM
Happy Monday, friends! I hope this start of the week is treating you well.

Can you believe Easter is this Sunday already? I feel like it really snuck up on me this year, and as always, I'm behind in preparations. I still haven't quite decided if I'm going to do an Easter basket for Adelaide, or if I'm going to wait till next year, and what, if any, traditions we want to start this year. I think I definitely want to start dyeing eggs as a family this year, even if Adelaide can't really participate. And I want to make a special breakfast for Easter morning, something simple so I don't have to get up too early before church, haha. We will also have a couple family dinners to attend, which will be interesting with Miss Baby, to say the least. It really all depends on her getting her nap in after church! What Easter traditions does your family have?
Photo Apr 04, 2 34 19 PM
Photo Apr 04, 2 40 05 PM
Photo Apr 04, 3 06 06 PM
I always feel that Easter symbolizes the start of spring in the Pacific Northwest. The weather has finally started to warm up a little, the trees are in bloom, and it's hopefully a tiny bit less gloomy. I started itching for spring sometime in the beginning of March, and since then, I've been very carefully and intentionally building my spring wardrobe. The bulk of my wardrobe is layering pieces and more cold-weather pieces, so I wanted to really focus on bringing some spring/summer elements to my wardrobe, while of course working with what I already had in my wardrobe.
Photo Apr 04, 3 09 33 PM
I also wanted to build up my closet a bit after purging so drastically, and so I've been working on adding in new pieces that work well with what I have to create a cohesive wardrobe.

And I think I'm just about finished with my spring capsule! I'm just waiting on one pair of shoes to come in the mail, and then I'm really excited to be able to share the whole capsule with you! (By the way, yes, this look is from my spring capsule! I just couldn't wait!)



What pieces are you adding to your wardrobe this season?



//Outfit Details://sweater: ThredUp (originally from the Gap, similar) / tunic: Ross (similar)/ necklace: Dear Muschka / bag: Fred Meyer (brand: Under One Sky) / leggings: Forever 21 / boots: American Eagle (similar) //



Shop this look:


1 comment:

  1. Ohh I love your bag! So cute! I'm excited to see your finished capsule. Mine should be done in a couple of weeks, I'm just waiting for a new top and some new sandals to come in the mail!
    -Lauren
    http://www.chic-ethique.com/

    ReplyDelete