Thursday, April 13, 2017

Spring Style Essentials for 2017

Photo Apr 13, 12 23 06 PM
Photo Apr 13, 12 25 12 PM

Hello, friends! It's been a busy week over here, mostly playing catch-up after being sick. I still have frequent sinus headaches and a cough, but I'm getting there, and I've been picking up the pieces from last week, when not much got done at all, especially around the house. On Tuesday I deep-cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, and now it's time to move on to the rest of the house, which is mostly just vacuuming up all the crumbs left behind by my cracker-loving baby.

Today I'm excited to share my spring style essentials for the year with you! I usually love fall and winter and would be more than happy to have the cold weather hang around forever, but after our particularly gloomy winter in the Pacific Northwest, lately I've been craving the sunshine and warmth of spring. These are the top items that I'm loving for spring this year:



01. The Perfect Trench Coat      I've been on the hunt for a new trench for a while now, ever since I gave away my not-so-great black trench. It's such a classic silhouette, and it pairs well with so many items. I love how it can upscale even the simplest t-shirt and jeans look into something chic and put together. This one is initially from H&M, but I picked it up on Poshmark for a fraction of the price, and I'm super in love with the fit of this guy. I also love the striped lining! So cool.

Photo Apr 13, 12 24 06 PM

02. A Pair of Slides or Mules      Oh my goodness, I don't think I've ever jumped on board with a trend as fast as I did with this one. Since I had Adelaide, I've given away all my crazy high heels (which I always felt like an ungraceful giraffe in anyways...though they did make my legs look pretty great), and started carefully bringing more practical footwear into my wardrobe. And these guys are super practical, in addition to looking really cool and modern. This pair is from Forever 21, which, I know, I know...but they look really similar to the Madewell version, which this stay at home mama is far from being able to afford. I will say, though, they look expensive, they're really comfortable, and the quality is not bad for the price.

03. A Baseball Cap     Another trend I was super excited about. I've always been a fan of baseball caps. When I was little, I had an American Girl cap that I wore all the time, until it got ratty enough that my mom wouldn't let me wear it out of the house. And when I worked at Panera, I actually really liked the hats that we had to wear. I wasn't entirely sure how often I would wear it now, until I saw a super cool mom at the store rocking one, and I was like, "Yes. I need one." It's great for bad hair days, and I love it for when we're out and I have my hair up, because I have all those awkward baby hairs that stick out after a while, and this hides it perfectly. I chose this one because well, denim goes with everything. I also kind of want to pick up a leather one.

Photo Apr 13, 12 26 02 PM

04. A Bandana     Yet another trend that I was happy to jump on board with. I wore bandanas all the time when I was a kid. I don't think they were cool then, but I loved them. These guys look super chic worn as a neck scarf, as a headband, or tied around the strap of a purse to add a bit of flair. This one was a cheapo one I picked up at Fred Meyer, and I went for black and white, because it goes with everything and feels a little more Parisian than cowboy.

05. A Tote Bag     I've been wanting a cognac leather tote bag for ages now, and I finally picked this (faux leather) one up at Fred Meyer. I waited for this one to go on clearance, and I finally picked it up for $11, marked down from $40 (which, if you're in the market for a cool tote bag and you live near a Fred Meyer...there are still a bunch on sale, and they're reversible!). I love the color and the simplicity and the fact that I can use it as a diaper bag!

Photo Apr 13, 12 26 55 PM

06. The Perfect Spring Lipstick     This dusty rose-colored lipstick is my current favorite for spring. This particular lipstick is NYX's Thalia. It's a great formula, super pigmented, and wears well. I'm also on the hunt for more of a rose-brown color.

07. Pastel Nail Colors     These are my current favorite nail colors for spring. The blue is almost a denim shade, and I find that it goes with just about everything. This one is Nedra by Julep. And the pink is just so gorgeous. It's Daisy Bloom Marguerite by CoverGirl, and I bought it to wear for Easter, so I can't vouch for the formula yet, but I'm really hoping it's good, because it's so pretty!



There you have it! My essentials for spring. What are your essentials? Have you tried or would you try any of these?



Shop this post:


No comments:

Post a Comment