Tuesday, August 13, 2013

easy + tribal







//dress: gift / belt: thrifted / necklace: claire's / sandals: target / earrings: fuego / ring: eBay//

Hello everyone! Long time, no see! That's how it feels to me, anyway. I've been completely disconnected from the blogging world for the past week or so...not even checking my favorite blogs (so if you haven't been seeing comments from me on your blogs, that's why!). I decided that I needed to take a break to focus on my work. But now--I've turned in all my papers, taken all of my exams, and I am done with summer classes. Thank you, Lord. I'm so grateful to have made it through...there was a while where I thought I might not, but I did, and it's wonderful to be finished. So! You can look out for more regular posts in the future. I have a bunch of ideas that I'm super excited to share with you all.

Anyway, this outfit is a couple weeks old. I wore it to a church picnic at the park and styled it around my new sandals that I picked up at Target the week before. I really love the style of the sandals, though they're not the best for walking distances in. I really liked how comfortable the outfit ended up being, though it still looked put together.

Hope you all are having a happy week!

Question: I'm trying out bigger image sizes for posts. What do you think? Too big or just right?

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

12 comments:

  1. Yay! I knew you could do it! How soon until you start your fall semester? Adorbs outfit! I love black dresses, they're so versatile. I like the bigger pictures because now I can see your accessories better than before. I couldn't always seem them clearly in the smaller sized pics. Thanks for all your comments on my blog. You're my most faithful commenter on my blog, and your comments make my day. I appreciate your prayers too, and consider you a friend even if we've never met. Keep being your wonderful self! Au revoir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's a complicated question to answer. Online classes at my school are each half a semester long, so the semesters are split in half. Since my family likes to take vacations at the end of August, when fall semester would start, I decided to take summer semester and not the first half of fall...so I'm starting during the second half of fall semester, which is the end of October, I believe. :P
      Aww, you're welcome! I consider you a friend too.(:

      Delete
  2. I like the size of the pictures--looks just about right! And I just love this dress! Looks so comfy and easy to style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is such a simple pretty, and I love the contrasting belt! Also, hurray for successfully completing the semester! That's always a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God for a successful finish!

    Yeah, I like the image sizes too. I like the black and brown pairing...nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just gorgeous! I love your sandals!!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this outfit because it's put together but yet simple.
    It's just gorgeous!
    And this far, the Lord ahs been faithful.congrats!
    rockingtherunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I bet it is nice to have all of your classes done. Hopefully you can have a nice break for a little while.

    Very nice sandals! And it is a cute outfit, I love the dress. I really like that style, I think it is one of my favourites.

    I think the pictures are a nice size too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah, such a cute little outfit! i adore how simple and chic this look is.

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this outfit, Vicki! The whole thing is so classy, which I love. oh, and those shoes, want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this outfit! The accessories and shoes are so perfect. Also, love your blog! I'm a new follower!
    http://janelleinreallife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete