Monday, July 15, 2013

the 4th of July







//skirt: made by me / vintage petticoat: thrifted / shirt, shoes, belt: thrifted / earrings: gift//

Hello, everyone! Long time, no see! I have been far too busy, as you may be able to tell by the title of this post...these pictures are from over a week ago, and I've only just now had the time to edit them and create a post! I have also had little time to read and catch up on the blogs I love, which makes me sad. Thankfully I was able to work ahead yesterday, and now today should be wonderfully relaxed, so maybe I can have some time to catch up and comment on all the wonderful posts I'm sure to have missed. I'm also hoping to spend some more time on my poor, much neglected blog.

Anyway! I hope all of you in the US had a wonderful Fourth of July! I certainly did! I spent most of the morning  and afternoon composing an essay that had to be turned in before 9:00 that night, then I hastily ironed this skirt so that I would have something to wear to my family's party. I ended up finishing a little late, but I was still able to make it to the party in time for the barbecue! The night was spent chatting with family, giggling with friends, eating good food, and watching my uncles and their friends light off fireworks. All in all, a wonderful night.



What did you do for the Fourth?

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

10 comments:

  1. Great outfit for the 4th! And I love that you made the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look darling!

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! And that skirt you made? Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the most perfect fourth of July outfit I think I have ever seen. High waisted skirts, cute red heels? Uhm YES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, matching it to the flag is a stroke of genius, good on you! Such lovely pictures too, you look so so pretty!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You made that skirt?! I love love it! You look so adorably retro and festive for the fourth! -♥- Rachel (For the Birds)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet look! Those shoes are absolutely lovely :)
    -Tori
    Fashion, Trends & More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, you and your blog are so cute! I can't believe you made this skirt; it's perfect. I completely fell in love with your style, I can't wait to see more!

    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too cute for words! So adorable. Hope you had a happy fourth! :)

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete