Wednesday, July 3, 2013

expecting the unexpected







//Lace top, tank top, skirt: Thrifted // Necklace: Claire's // Hair pins: Julep // Shoes: Target//


Here in Seattle you definitely have to expect the unexpected when it comes to the weather. For instance, June started out warm and sunny, then dipped down into the upper sixties for most of the month. At the end of June, when the weather was forecast to be nice and clear, my family went to visit a few museums in Tacoma within walking distance of each other, and as soon as we arrived, it started simply pouring. I was definitely not prepared for that kind of weather in my t-shirt, skirt, and tights! On Facebook, I started seeing just about every other friend despair of summer ever arriving. Myself, I like the cool weather, and anything over 75° is too hot, so I honestly couldn't have cared less. Then last week, we got a pretty terrific thunderstorm out of the blue...which is pretty rare for here. And this week...this week we had weather in the lower 90°s for a couple days, then it cooled down a bit. Weather is weird. And I find it's weirdness pretty interesting. I used to want to be a meteorologist to be able to study that weirdness. It does teach an interesting lesson, though; you can never quite know what to expect in life, since just about anything can happen. So...you have to expect the unexpected and accept what life throws at you. I'm really bad at that. I don't like variations from the norm or spontaneity. But I'm getting better at it, and learning to place my life in God's hands.

How does that quote go? "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Also, I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately, but I'm sorry about my super intermittent posting. School has been just a wee bit crazy lately, and in-between long reading assignments, two quizzes, and two essays a week, I haven't had much free time. Also, I have an essay due tomorrow. On Independence Day. What is this world coming to? But I love it. Learning is fun.(:

Speaking of which...happy Independence Day to all of my U.S. readers! I hope you have a wonderful day of celebrating! and for those of you not in the U.S., I hope you all have a great day as well.

Also! I just realized that my blog layout is having some really weird issues right now...I haven't even touched it for weeks, and somehow all the stuff on the side column suddenly got shoved to the way bottom of the page. I'm trying to figure it out, but I have no idea what's going on. :P do any of you have any ideas about what the problem might be? In the meantime, I'm sorry for the mess!


Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

9 comments:

  1. That so strange about the layout....didn't even notice till you said something! Weird....I have no idea how that could happen!

    Happy Independence Day to you too!

    And I love your top....so pretty!

    Love,
    Iris♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris!
      It was very strange...after much frustration, I finally figured out that it was a coding error in one of the posts, probably this one! So now I know, I guess!

      Delete
  2. Super cute, Vicki!
    Perhaps you accidentally changed the template layout? If you go into "Template" in your dashboard, then "edit template" you'll see a section that says "Layout" click that and see if it's the right layout (you can pick from no sidebars, two, or one). Hopefully that helps! On the plus side, blogging has taught me simple HTML language...the downside? I've had numerous occasions when I cried over it! Someone had nicely offered to do a makeover for my blog, but then left it a mess and I hated it...so frustrating! The HTML was all wacked out and the header had a couple spelling mistakes. Moral of the story? Don't let other people touch your blog! LOL!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weird thing was that I hadn't touched the template, so I knew it couldn't be that...but as it was, I went back and deleted all my gadgets on the sidebar and everything, then I did some research and found out it was probably some bad HTML in a post...probably this one, in fact!
      Oof, that must have been awful! Well, if you ever need HTML help, I've picked up quite a few tricks over the years...I used to code whole webpages for fun when I was about twelve.(: But I still haven't figured out my problem with the buttons... :P

      Delete
  3. Great outfit! I love the lace top with that skirt! Sooo beautiful :) I think weather's fascinating as well--it's been really weird here as well. Although I never really wanted to be a meteorologist, I ended up taking a class in meteorology my first semester in college. It was actually really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't ever take meteorology, but I did take geology, and I got a bit of meteorology in that, which was pretty fun. I don't think it's something I would have been good at, though...science does interest me, but I'm not very good at it! :P

      Delete
  4. LOVE the lace top!! So feminine and lovely:)

    Yeah, this hot weather has certainly been interesting. I prefer cooler weather too, although I'm enjoying the opportunity to go swimming! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Vicki,
    So sorry about your blog layout issues.I totally am clueless of what the problem might be.Am pretty sure you'll find a way out though.Please share with us when you do-:)
    You look lovely as always.
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete