Friday, February 15, 2013

A Splash of Gray, a Touch of Purple


Blouse: Macy's // Tank Top, Skirt, Heels: Thrifted // Tights: Claire's // Slip: DIY // Coat: Ross

My goal with this Sunday's outfit was to create an outfit centered around this skirt that did not end up making me look like a secretary. Almost every outfit I came up with the night before looked very professional, and I wanted something kind of colorful and fun. So I pulled out these tights, which in the two or three years I've had them I had only worn once, and then I searched for a matching top...and a few minutes later, I had this combination! I was quite happy with it, until I realized (a bit late) that it is still too cold to be wearing a short-sleeved blouse without a sweater! So on the way out the door I threw on my blue coat, and refused to take it off again until these photos. I didn't even think at the time that the blue coat might not look so nice with the purple tights, but when I looked at it later, I decided I liked the look.

Sunday was spent relaxing with the family, as well as starting work on my timeline of the Old Testament for my Bible History course. The timeline isn't due for a few weeks yet, but I thought it might be a good idea to get a head start, and I'm glad I did! Progress so far is a little slow, and I know if I had waited until the last minute to start this project I would have been frantically rushing for information. I realized just today that there are only three more weeks to these classes--it's amazing how quickly all my finals and major projects are creeping up on me!

I hope you all are having a wonderful week!

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, how could that ever look like a principal skirt?! It's awesome! So many possibilities too!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really adorable! The blouse is my favorite. I like the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the skirt!! And the colors in this outfit. Lovely combination, Vicki. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tights are SO cool! xx

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. my Beautiful Vicki & the beautiful post..loved the nails :) awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit, love your tights.

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete