Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lace Headband {Tutorial}

A few months ago, I got a sudden crafting craving, at a time when I was thoroughly stressed out by schoolwork and needed a bit of a break. So I decided to do a couple of quick, simple crafts, and one of the ideas I came up with was for a lace headband, just something super simple, but also very cute. And I actually photographed the steps so I could do a tutorial for y'all.(; It was my first time in a long while experimenting with indoor light, and while it's not perfect, it turned out pretty good.(:


You'll Need:


*you'll also need a pair of fabric scissors, and if you have it, modpodge would probably work better than craft glue--I just used what I had*



1. Start spreading glue across the headband, starting at the end of either side. I would squirt some from the bottle onto the headband, then spread it out with the paint brush. Once you've got a couple inches worth, align your lace and begin pressing it into the glue. This can be a little messy, but don'tbe afraid of getting your fingers sticky! you want the lace to adhere really well.



2. Keep spreading glue and applying the lace all across the headband until you reach the end.



3. Trim the edges.

4. Apply a topcoat of glue/modpodge to make sure everything holds. And you're finished! You can try experimenting with different kinds of lace, and if you like, try embellishing, or using different materials. There are really so many different ways to make this simple project your own!


Thank you to my lovely sister for agreeing to model the headband for me!


5 comments:

  1. Love this! Very pretty. (:

    Lizzy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Vicki! :) I love it.

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Headband!
    Thanks for the comment. I bought The Recollections of J.P Ryans strapless stays pattern. I'll do a post with my recommendation (or lack of) when I am done! I loved your Tudor stays! Did you use the Simplicity pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooohhhh... I'm lovin' this!!! I adore headbands (and just hair stuff in general!). Great idea! Will have to try it out soon!

    God bless!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brings back memories. I remember doing this craft as a kid, but we started with regular fabric, working our way up to lace.

    ReplyDelete