Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wonderful Whimsy {What I Love Wednesday}

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty sure I have never used that many "Ws" together in my life, yet I am in a wonderfully whimsical mood at the moment, and my current loves reflect that.

I'm sure that you all have experienced the feeling of growing anticipation when something exciting is on the horizon, though it may be weeks away. You can't help but be happy and smiling, as you count down to that one magical day. I'm currently feeling that way about school (I bet you thought it was something more amazing than that!)--less than two weeks to go, and this quarter is *finished*! Just the thought makes me smile. Of course, there's finals first, but then, an entire week's worth of freedom, before spring quarter commences...

Well, enough rambling on that! In case you haven't guessed, the number one thing I am loving right now is the idea of *spring break*.



Other than that, I'm currently loving:

1. Hayley Westenra's music. This girl has an amazing voice, and her singing the hymn "Abide with me" is simply breathtaking.

via Amazon





2. Hearst Castle. My family is going to San Francisco this summer, and this is going to be one of the highlights of the trip. Everything about it is so beautiful!







3. This hairstyle. Isn't it gorgeous? I really want to try it, but I'm afraid my hair isn't long enough yet.



4. Medieval/Renaissance styled clothing. I always dreamed of being a princess when I was little, just so I could dress like this.(:







5. This darling tutorial by A Cleaner Closet , which I have actually tried out, with very nice results.




Have a lovely day!


8 comments:

  1. Nice sharing :) I love the hairstyle a lot :) thanks ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That braid style is very unique...I haven't tried it yet, but this hairstyle makes me want to!

      Delete
  2. How fun that you get to go to San Francisco, Vicki! I'm very jealous ;) I've never been there, I bet it's a fun place. Can't wait to hear about your trip!
    Oh that braid hairstyle is so beautiful! Some people's talents just amaze me :)

    Thank you for your comments! I love each one.

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited! We're planning on going to Alcatraz too, which should definitely be interesting!(: I plan on taking lotssss of pictures!(:

      Delete
  3. Vickie, I went to San Francisco last Spring break, and saw Hearst Castle! It was really amazing, and the drive up there is beautiful!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What tour did you take? We wanted to go for the night tour, which sounds amazing, but they don't do that in the summer, which is when we'll be going. Either way, I am definitely excited. I love touring grand houses like that.

      Delete
    2. We went during the day...I don't remember the name of the tour that we took, but we saw the pools, the dining room, several bedrooms, living rooms, gardens, and the theater:)

      Delete
  4. Haha thanks would love to do the hair style with my hair one of these days

    ReplyDelete