Sunday, March 11, 2012

Highland Girl {What I Wore Sunday}









Outfit Details:
Sequin top: Thrifted
Sweater: Kohls
Skirt: Ross
Belt: Thrifted
Tights: Fred Meyer
Shoes: Thrifted



Plaids and tartans always put me in mind of Scotland, of bagpipes, greenery, and Brigadoon (one of my favorite movies). I love how they can be subtle or bright, and classy or casual (I do love my plaid button-downs!), preppy or edgy--whatever floats your boat! And of course, I wear them every chance I get! Today was cold, and I love having an excuse to layer up, so I belted on this cozy sweater and stuffed my hands in my pockets. It kept me cozy and warm through church and then picture-taking.
Today I realized that I have only one week left of school, a very exciting fact indeed! Especially since I have all this pent-up sewing inspiration...I really hope it hurries up and finishes! And then I also realized that there are only two more Sundays before Easter, one of the two best holidays of the year. Those two thoughts were enough to make my day; that and finishing homework early!

What makes your day today?



11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your outfit!!
    Plaid is so beautiful - I wear it every chance I get:)

    What made my day today was getting to spend the entire afternoon resting in my room. That, and the extra hour of daylight=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      The extra daylight IS nice! Right now, though, it's just extra gray here with all the rain!

      Delete
  2. I love the skirt! It is so pretty. :)
    Lizzy
    http://prettymodestbffs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lizzy! It's one of my favorites, though I don't wear it too often!

      Delete
  3. That is so cute! Oh my, I used to be so obsessed with Scotland. I still love it so much, but I toned down from trying to learn Gaelic and having a giant map on my wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love! i love! you are absolutely beautiful.

    thank you so much for the follow on my blog. :) it totally made my day. have a wondermous wednesday!

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love that skirt
    xoxo,
    Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute outfit! Love the oxfords

    delicatelyfierce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loooove the shoes! Your complexion is so pretty! So many things made me happy today, it would take me forever to list them all! So I'll spare you and just say wearing my new skinnies :)

    Thank you for your words on my blog while I was gone dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Vicki! I was wondering if you wanted to do a button swap with me? Just drop me a comment and let me know. Thanks! :)

    Lizzy
    http://prettymodestbffs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shoe! You are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete