Sunday, August 14, 2011

T-shirt Scarf

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd show you one of my latest refashioning endeavors today. ^^ Do you remember the t-shirt necklaces that I made awhile back? Well, I decided to take the necklace idea a step further and make some t-shirt scarves. I've been seeing them all over lately...on blogs, in online stores, and even while shopping...and I thought, why spend $20 dollars for a scarf that I could make practically free, and give my own style? I also knew that my mom really loves those scarves, so I thought it would make an ideal birthday present for her. ^^ I even had the perfect shirt -- an old, worn-out tee that had bleach stains on it. So I took my scissors and cut off the hem, then cut strips of varying sizes. I stretched them out...braided some, knotted others, added beaded charms and finally sewed it all together, and ended up with this:



Pretty cute, huh? I liked it so much once I finished it, I didn't really want to give it up!





And here's a photo of me modeling it, so you can see how it looks on (I forgot to take off my necklace before shooting this, but it doesn't look half bad layered, IMO):



Well, what do you think? ^^ Have you tried your hand at making anything like this? If you have -- I'd love to see it!

Have a lovely day!

~Vicki

3 comments:

  1. This is a very cool idea! Love it<3
    -Tori
    fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I don't sew at all. Since I'm not totally clear on what part is sewn, I don't know if I can make this. Any thoughts. It's great to be a crafty Christian! Keep up the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete