Thursday, August 4, 2011

Some artwork...

Hi everyone,

I have been busier than a bee over this past week...I'm working towards completing my GED (I took the writing test yesterday, and I'm doing science tomorrow!), getting back into choir and my class at church, not to mention crafting and spending time with friends before they head back to school next month. During my down time, however, I am working on a few fun, though time-consuming, projects (like refashioning some clothes and making a mini album -- I never thought about how long it would take to scrapbook 40 pages!). I've also gotten back into drawing, and I thought I'd share one of my most recent attempts at drawing a flapper from the 1920s:



I really love all the colors and the whimsical design of it all...for those of you who know proportions, though, I'd like to hear your thoughts on how I did with that...something seems off to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it!

Have a lovely day!

~Vicki

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I like your style! This is a fun drawing! Did this come from your head or did you use a reference for it? Something I noticed is that the eyes are maybe a little too big, but since this is such a stylized drawing, I don't think it matters. Nice work!

    http://growcreative.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually just started as a doodle -- I start out by drawing one oversized eye, then I build up the rest around it, adding details as I go. It's pretty spontaneous, and very relaxing.(:

    Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lovely!!
    This is amazing,, very cute & dashing!! Keep rocking with awesome posts, All the best for science test :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, "your" eye is spectacular! I like the drawing as-is, however if you are wondering what is out of proportion, it's the head. The head is much too small for her eye, and neck. But I actually like the effect. In the future, if you wanted to make it look realistic, that is what I see wrong with it. Great job though!
    Natasha
    Check out my art blog!
    www.artbynatasha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete