Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Now, Back to Blogging...& a Refashioned Purse!

Hey everyone,

I'm back! After a looong, much needed break from blogging, I'm ready to begin anew! I was all set to blog during my vacation, and then again whenbi came home, and my final decision, after being completely drained from all the excitement, I decided it might be a good idea to take a break for awhile and let my creative juices rejuvenate. Now, though, I'm ready to start up again! I plan on blogging (God willing) every other day at least, so look forward to many future posts! I'm also thinking of varying topics from crafting to other things...like book reviews and fashion blurbs...what do you think? ^^

Anyway...here are a few pictures of a bag that I refashioned! I did this one awhile ago, and I really love how it turned out...I took my old leather camera bag that had been sitting in my giveaway pile, and thought it might be kind of fun to remake it into something I would use. It's nice, since it holds so many things and has lots of different pockets...so it's great for carrying a camera, cell phone, wallet, book, etc...everything I could possibly need! I used some of the leftover fabric from my plaid circle skirt and came up with this:



I didn't initially plan on the ruffles...but it turned out to be easier to make it with ruffles...which I hot glued and then stitched down.(: the result is fun, girly, and casual. I added the different buckles too...vintage ones that I thrifted. ^^ but I did learn a valuable lesson -- it is NOT easy to hand stitch on leather! I could have had this done so much faster if the leather weren't so thick...

Well, I hope you're having a lovely day...hopefully enjoying some nice summer weather like I am!

~Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment