Friday, January 7, 2011

Two Lovely Headbands

Hi everyone!

When I was trying to come up with ideas for my friends' Christmas presents, I finally decided on making a couple of headbands. I had never done any with elastic before, but I think they turned out really cute! Now I want to make one for myself!(: These were inspired by a tutorial on Alisa Burke's blog. I really loved the beads in the middle, and the idea of using ribbon. And so, almost immediately after reading her post, I made these two beauties:

Thing 1:


& Thing 2:


The glue was still wet on this one! I was so paranoid that the beads would start falling off that I really went crazy with the glue. XD

But these are so cute and simple! And you don't have to do it with elastic either...any kind of headband or hair accessory would work. I don't really care for elastic headbands because they always slip off of my head, no matter how tight or loose they are, even if they do look very cute.

Have a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. waoooo... pretty smart headbands..love these..i like 1st one...you did it nicely..so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower,Khadija @ creative mind sent me your blog link during chatting...you have a cute blog..keep it up;)
    love from Turkiye..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! oh, and to answer your question, I just used acryclic paint on the fabric. nothing fancy. :)
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are totally cute :))
    i wanna tru to make it..

    THE SECRET LIFE OF "D"

    in Love&Light
    Queen D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beads in the middle - super cute!

    ReplyDelete