Friday, December 10, 2010

Sweet Mini Shadowboxes

A few weeks ago, I came up with a fun use for old jewelry boxes. You know, the cardboard ones that you always save, but may or may not ever use? Well, I came up with the idea of turning them into mini shadowboxes that you can display anywhere. And it's so easy! I think it could be a good children's craft.(: But let me warn you, once you start making them, it's pretty hard to stop (unless you run out of boxes).

All you have to do is take either the bottom or top of the box and paste into it torn magazine pages, or fun findings, and you're done! See, so simple! I'd love to see any variations you come up with.

Here's one of mine:



I really love it...it's simple, but it has a very cool look to it. But those beads were NOT easy to glue in...

And here's one that I made with my sister:



Aren't they too cute? I love that little vintage sticker at the bottom...

Anyway, have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment