Saturday, December 11, 2010

Decoupage Bracelet Holder

I love being able to post so many times this week, and I hope you all enjoy what I've come up with. I'm going to try hard to keep this up!

Over the weekend, I was working on more decorations for my room. Before, it had been such a weird mix of so many different styles of decorating, but now it's a bit more unified, which I think gives it a less cluttered look. Very cool.

I love my phone book paper art, but every time I make something, I like to switch it up a little. Have you noticed? I don't want everything TOO match-y. So it took me a little while to figure out what to do about my old surfboard bracelet holder. It was from the Claire's clearance rack quite a few years ago, and very cute. But it wasn't quite my style. So I covered the surfboard with phone book paper (surprised?) and then with blue watercolor paint to match my room. Then I took some gold nail polish and splattered that all over the surface. Finally, in keeping with the beach theme, I took a white shell, painted it gold, and glued it onto the front. Easy peasy. And fairly quick.

Here's how it turned out:



Closeup:



Pretty, huh? I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

3 comments:

  1. oh, I like the phone book paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's one of my favorite things to work with. I really love the look that it has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought about using it before.. I may have to try using some. :)

    ReplyDelete