Monday, June 15, 2015

josh + vicki {an announcement}


I feel like a lot has happened since my last post. For one thing, I'm engaged! Josh and I have been talking about it for a while now, a little more seriously back in November. After praying, talking to family and our pastor, and doing a bit of shopping around for rings, we felt the time was right. And so, on May 16th, Josh and I drove out to Franklin Falls, where we had one of our first dates (and I almost died...), and walked the mile or so to the falls. We clambered down to the foot of the waterfall, where we could feel the icy spray on our faces, and he knelt down on one knee. I said "Yes," of course, and the few people that were there by the waterfall cheered, and Josh turned me around to see his sister-in-law snapping pictures of the whole thing. 

I'm so happy. And excited. Above all, I feel so blessed to have found a godly man to be my husband. 
If you'd asked me two years ago where I thought my life would be at this point, I never would have imagined this. God is so good.

Anyway. In lieu of engagement photos (I still have to get the ones from his sister-in-law, and we will be taking more official ones in the coming weeks), I thought I'd share these with you. My Auntie took them of us a couple months ago, when we went to spend some time with her at a nearby park. She's a dabbling photographer, and wanted to practice by getting a few shots of us together. She captured so many sweet moments between us, and even if she's not necessarily happy with the shots, I will always treasure them. They really encapsulate us and our dynamic as a couple. Always walking arm-in-arm, always chatting away about silly things (in the bulk of these, we are discussing our mutual love of pretzel rolls and our business plans for a fast food joint called Food Babies). These pictures warm my heart and make me smile every time I see them. 

Anyway, I'll talk to ya'll soon. :)

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the both of you! I'm glad you can talk about the silly things- that makes marriage so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! Congratulations!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, congratulations Vicki! These pictures are precious and I'm so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Much love to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, so happy for you!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeep!!! Congratulations!!!!! So, so excited for you two!! :D You look so cute together. I'm loving this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! So excited for you both, Vicki! And the photos are absolutely gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so wonderfully happy for you, Vicki!! I knew it was coming because of the increasing frequency of your wedding posts on Pinterest ... the "outfits for him" board was a giveaway that your relationship was getting much more serious, too. ;-) You guys are adorable and you look beautifully happy. May God bless and strengthen your friendship, your love, and your marriage, and in your home build a haven for all whom you meet!

    Hugs!!!
    ~ Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I was wondering when this would happen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! This is sooo exciting! And these photos are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you and those pictures were adorable!
    -Margaret
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, so incredibly excited for you + Josh! You make the perfect couple.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAYAYAYAY! I'm so happy for you Vicki and can't wait to see all that God has in store for the both of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY WORD!! YES. this is such exciting news! i'm so very happy for you, vicki. treasure this time and soak up every moment because it will F L Y by too quickly. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shop for stylish dresses and look stunning this season. We have thousands formal dresses, prom dresses, ball gowns, wedding dresses, evening dress and ball dresses to day and going out dresses and more.emilygowns wedding dresses for sale houston tx reviews

    ReplyDelete