Wednesday, May 20, 2015

almost there.


//dress: forever21 (altered)  / black blouse: thrifted / shoes: charlotte russe / purse: thrifted (originally from h&m)//

You guys, I am so close to being done with college. It's exciting and nervewracking all at the same time...a week ago, I turned in my thesis and finished up my English class, and now I only have one class left. That means that the month and a half break I'm on is going to be spent working on my resume, getting my driver's license, and beginning my job hunt. While I am so ready to be done with school, I'm anxious about what's coming next, mostly the "getting out into the world and getting a job" part. Praying helps. A lot. So does Josh--I'm so glad I've got him here to hold my hand. 

Anyway...on to the outfit. This one is from our mini-vacation to Port Townsend last August...I'm not sure how I never got around to posting it. I love this little dress I picked up at Forever21. It's so flattering, even after altering it to extend the length, and easy for layering into the fall and cooler weather. Also, these $10 flats from Charlotte Russe are one of the best wardrobe investments I've made yet. I ordered them mainly because I thought they were cute and I needed a pair of black flats, but they fit so well and they're just so comfortable. I can walk in these all day without my feet getting sore, which is something I can't often say about any shoes, including my sneakers. 

Also, how gorgeous is this fountain? I love the ancient Greek kinda vibe. :)

I'll talk to ya'll soon!

7 comments:

  1. Great outfit Vicki! How exciting to be so close the end of your college career!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, you and the dress! Good job on almost being done with college!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love that dress, and the little shawl underneath is so clever!
    So glad I followed your blog, would you like to follow mine?
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com
    -Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pair of truly comfortable dressy flats is worth their weight in gold, that's for sure! Congrats on being so very close to being done with college--I remember that feeling well. I think I had a slight touch of senioritis to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so exciting that you're almost done!! Even if job hunts can be scary and a bit of a pain. (Applications and I aren't on the best of terms.) I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so beautiful!!! and that lip color definitely become you. and congratulations on almost graduation, classy lady. ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many dresses anidress above knee dresses reviews waiting for your option,if you want to be a beautiful lady,please choose us.anidress where to buy prom dresses reviews

    ReplyDelete