Tuesday, April 28, 2015

black + white



//dress: marshalls / necklaces, shoes: charlotte russe / crochet cardigan, belt: thrifted//
There's just something beautiful about black and white photos. I'm not sure if it's nostalgia for the romance of a long gone time, or whether it's their ethereal, almost haunting quality, or just that sense of drama it gives even the most mundane scenes...there's just something, and I like it.

I've been wanting to do an exclusively black and white post for a while now, but never was able to commit to it...then I happened on these old photos of an outfit I'd never shared because I didn't care for the lighting, and thought I might experiment. 

And I kinda like how they turned out.

This is one of my favorite outfits from last summer. This dress is a dream for hot days--it's so floaty and light (a potential problem if it's windy...), and I love it layered under this crochet cardigan. It adds a fun, almost bohemian vibe. 

And then paired with my favorite heels? Perfection. 
Never mind the fact that I trip every time I wear these heels. It gives me the perfect excuse to walk arm in arm with my love. Of course, he's gotten to the point where he doesn't even trust my balance in flats...his anxiety may be rubbing off on me, because I'm pretty sure I didn't use to trip this much before we dated, and now, heels are worn almost exclusively for Church and that's bad enough. 
I may need to invest in some more sensible heels for normal wear...Swedish Hasbeens are my dream, it's just a matter of being able to justify the purchase, you know?

Anyway. I'll talk to ya'll soon.





7 comments:

  1. Fabulous look! Love the shoes! I'm glad I follow you, you can look at my blog below if you are interested!
    -Margaret
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful outfit, and I love the black and white photos. That dress looks so perfect for Spring and Summer...the print is just darling.
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so charming! I love it and your blog!

    Hannah ~Grace in Everything~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely and I especially like your hair :)!!

    http://marygolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty! The dress is really pretty too.

    It's so nice of your boyfriend to hold you up in heels 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only the most beautiful dresses wdress mother of the bride market bosworth reviews are thought for a perfect beauty like you!Let us buy sexy dresses for great day.wdress pink mother of the bride outfits reviews

    ReplyDelete