Thursday, January 8, 2015

new year, new blog: from Decked Out in Ruffles to Vicki Grace



Happy 2015! New years always bring with them an awareness of and excitement over the possibility of change, and I've decided to start off 2015 by bringing big changes to the blog. First, the biggest change is the name—I've been rolling around the idea of changing the name for some time now, since Decked Out in Ruffles just hasn't seemed to fit what I or the blog had become. So, I've changed it to a Vicki Grace, a name that I think will give the blog plenty of room to go in any direction it chooses. I talk more about it in the video, which explains a bit of where I've been these past few months, and why my posts have been so infrequent.

I fell into a slump sometime in mid-September, where, long story short, I was just overwhelmed by school and everything going on in life, and I decided to take a break from blogging for about a month or so. I was feeling refreshed by the end of October, when I made this video, but still didn't quite have the time/initiative to get back to blogging, which explains the sporadic posts. As I said in my last post, though, I think I'm finally ready to get back to blogging. 

So, there's a new name and a new design, and, Lord willing, lots of new content to come. I'm pretty excited about it, and I can't wait to see what ya'll think. :)

I hope your 2015 is off to a fantastic start! I know mine is. 

9 comments:

  1. I adore this new design. So cute + fresh! I'd love to see more fashion posts..but lifestyle posts sound fun too. :)

    Also..you're adorable and I loved this video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new name and design!! I always love seeing outfit posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new design! I always enjoy your outfit posts, so I'm looking forward to more of those. And more lifestyle posts would be fun! So glad you're back, Vicki! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love your new design (that green color is beautiful,) and the new name is great! I'm really looking forward to the posts you have planned! Hope your new year is off to a good start!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you back in 'blog world' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, your new design is gorgeous! I'm so excited that you're back at it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new blog! I don't blame you at all for getting away from blogging due to schoolwork--I started blogging right after I graduated from college--I can't imagine having kept on top of with with everything involved in school to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like your new blog design! I am up to reading just about anything you post.... I enjoy lifestyle posts almost better though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, you look stunning!!! What a wonderful Christmas outfit! :-) I'm so glad that life is a bit more manageable for you, and I'm excited that you'll be back to blogging regularly! I missed you!

    I will keep you in my prayers as well, as we both try to grow closer to God this year. Let me know if I can pray anything specific for you! :-)

    Happy New Year!!

    Hugs,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete