Thursday, January 15, 2015

back to school


//top, skirt, necklace, ring: forever21 / shoes: charlotte russe / tights: target / ring necklace: gift / backpack: thrifted//

This skirt has quickly become one of my closet staples. I don't typically like to wear pencil skirts, because I don't think they quite flatter my figure, but I'd been looking for a new denim skirt for quite some time when I found this one online at Forever21, and since I had a 30% discount code, I snapped it up. When it arrived, I was so excited to try it on, after which I realized it probably would have been a better idea to size up. Still, I was determined to make it work, and so I've been wearing it with layers or untucked tops/sweaters. And I'm pretty happy with it. It's great for more casual outfits, though its fittted nature doesn't make it the most practical of skirts. For a day of lounging around, a lunch date, or for going out to see a movie (which is what I wore this for), this is the perfect outfit. 

Well, school is starting up again, and I'm still waiting to see how much of my time these classes--intternational relations and research methods--are going to consume. After these classes, though, I've only got three more to go before graduation...how crazy is that? I can't quite believe it myself, though it really does seem like I've been in college forever. In some ways, I'm fearful for the time after graduation, when I'll have to enter the real world and get myself a job, but in other ways, I'm excited to be reaching another milestone and beginning yet another chapter of life, to see what God has in store for me. 

I'll talk to ya'll soon. :)


6 comments:

  1. Oddly, after growing up wearing skirts all the time, lately I've been struggling to make them work casually, so this post was very timely for me. I get in such a rut with my typical skinny jeans/sweater/oxfords combinations.
    Good luck with your classes! How exciting that graduation is so soon for you! I still have one more year after this semester, and do sometimes feel that I've been in college for forever.
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this outfit! Pencil skirts are my favorite, and I love the way you've styled this one. <3
    xoxo
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! I've been experimenting with wearing shorter denim skirts during the cold months, pairing them with boots/flats and tights, so I'm loving the inspiration here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it looks like a great versatile skirt, Vicki!
    Very cute.
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you got a great skirt! I love the sweater you paired with it!

    ReplyDelete