Friday, May 30, 2014

visiting idaho // flashback friday

I thought I'd try something a little different for today's post. I was ordering photo prints the other day, and I came across a bunch of photos in my library that for some reason or other, I hadn't gone through or edited or anything. I thought it would be fun to share them with y'all over the next few weeks. Hope you enjoy!


Early last September, after my birthday, my family took a short vacation over to Idaho, where we stayed at one of our timeshare's resorts near a beautiful lake. We spent time wandering around the lake and lazing around, watching sunsets, and then after sunset, the glorious thunderstorms that happened nearly every night of our stay. We visited small towns, on the hunt for the best antique and thrifting spots. Some of the places we visited were absolute busts, like when we almost lost ourselves among the dusty and disorganized (and not to mention overpriced!) mountains of junk in one antique store, but we did find a few gems. On the way back home, we stopped off at the Grand Coulee Dam, then drove over to Leavenworth to grab German food for dinner. It was a much more laid-back vacation than I was used to, and that ended up being kind of nice and relaxing. I'm thinking that it's about time to head back. :) 

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

6 comments:

  1. So pretty & wonderful clicks..What a lovely post :) thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooh, Vicki, you are a truly gifted photographer! Lots of people's photos just give you a sense of what they saw, but when I look at yours, I can smell, feel, and taste where you went, too!! Thank you for sharing your trip with us!

    THANK YOU also for dropping by and leaving me a comment the other day - it truly helped to know that there are other sisters out there who experience the same things. I will certainly be praying for you, that God would show you what to do to overcome the difficulties that you're facing. It's way too easy to get complacent, and I have definitely found myself there far more times than I care to admit. But God is more than willing to stir us back up again if we ask Him!! :-)

    Hugs to you, dear friend, and thank you again!!
    ~ Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, all of them! But I think my favorite is the first shot with the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are gorgeous! In all honesty, I never would have expected that Idaho is so pretty!

    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome!!

    xx

    daniella

    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete