Thursday, May 22, 2014

the red dress {eshakti review}

//dress: c/o eshakti (similar) / heels, cardigan: thrifted//

I always love red dresses, but red is a color that I'm not usually drawn to or inclined to wear, possibly because it's more bright than the colors I usually wear, or maybe it's just not the greatest with my cool, pale skin tone. However, when Eshakti offered me the opportunity to review one of their dresses, and I saw this gorgeous, retro sundress, I thought I would go for it. I really love it--it has pockets (always a plus!), it's figure-flattering, it can be dressed up or down, and the style is so fun. Eshakti always has such beautiful dresses, and I love that they can be customized to fit each person's own style and measurements. The one issue that I've had with the two dresses that I have from Eshakti, however, is with the straps being ever so slightly too big on my shoulders. This dress is also a bit longer than I usually like, since it's at that awkward length where I almost have to wear heels to avoid making my legs look stumpy. Other than that, though, I'm pleased with the dress and its quality. With this dress, when I first tried it on, probably because I wasn't being careful, I ripped part of the seam along the zipper. It was a small rip, though, and an easy fix.

I highly recommend Eshakti—they have such a great selection of dresses, skirts, and tops in gorgeous styles and colors! If you haven't already, be sure and check them out on their website and on their 

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

5 comments:

  1. You should wear red more often!
    You look stunning!
    EShakti is awesome! I especially love how you can choose the length of the dresses!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl...red is your color! and did you cut your hair? it looks darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eshakti! And that dress looks great on you. I'd love to find the perfect red dress. :) Good to hear from you again! Seems like a while since you've posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad that red doesn't look that great on me :( but I think this is a beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a lovely, lovely dress! The pattern and colour and shape! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete