Tuesday, February 25, 2014

• news and other such things •••


//dress, booties: forever21 / necklace: ebay / jacket: JCP / tights: fred meyer / purse: thrifted//

Hello everyone! Long time no see. It's been several weeks since my last post, where I'm pretty sure I said pretty much the same things about busy-ness. Now, my classes are beginning to wrap up--it's finals week! I've also begun going out with a fairly awesome guy from church--after about two months of emailing back and forth, we decided to see a movie together, and then less than a week later, on New Year's Day, we decided to see another movie (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty), and he told me that he liked me as more than a friend. We've been together ever since...and it's really nice.

Anyway, this outfit is from a few weeks ago. I picked up the dress and the booties on sale at forever21 over Christmas break, and though the dress is lightweight and summery, I thought it would be perfect layered with tights and my new faux leather jacket. I really like the final look--it's really casual and comfortable, but it's also a little dressier, which made it perfect for church. I didn't realize until these pictures how short it is in the front (though the wind was blowing it up a bit), but I'm thinking it could be really cute with a pair of black leggings, which is how I'll probably wear it next time. 

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

10 comments:

  1. This is such a cute outfit! I love the stripes, and the coolness of it! And how exciting to hear you've met a guy. I can't wait to hear more about him!
    Also, your hair is gorgeous. I wish mine did that!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure there will be lots more about him to come on the blog. :) And I promise my hair doe not always look like this...quite the contrary, in fact! I do keep meaning to do a post on how I style it, though...sometime soon!

      Delete
  2. beautiful outfit:) and congrats:)
    I want to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a cute, silly movie! I'm sure you would enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm so excited for you, Vicki! You are such a lovely, inspirational young lady. I've been missing your posts. And this outfit is awesome, it's so you. :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fairly awesome? I think he sounds more than fairly awesome Vicki! You look lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ok, he may be more than fairly awesome. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. Aw, me too! It was such a cute movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute! Love the jacket.

    I haven't seen that movie yet!

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete