Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful






Crocheted sweater, shoes, skirt: Thrifted / Blouse: JC Penneys / Tights: Fred Meyer / Necklace: Claire's

Hi everyone! To everyone in the U.S., happy Thanksgiving! It's wonderful to have a holiday dedicated to giving thanks...I know that so often I am discontented with what I have, and I often forget to be thankful for the numerous blessings that God has given me. Because, really, once I stop to think about it, I have SO much to be thankful for in life, so many blessings that I can't even begin to count. To me, Thanksgiving should be every day. Not the feasting and the celebration part (I don't even like Turkey!), not the historical significance, but the spirit of thankfulness. No matter how bad your day may seem, there is always a glimmer of light--something to be thankful for.

"O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good, and His mercy endureth forever." -Psalm 105:1

Have a lovely holiday, everyone!




9 comments:

  1. Agreed! Every day should be like Thanksgiving, without the extra food of course. ;)

    Lovely outfit, btw! The sweater is sooo cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, I agree. Things would be much nicer if we always remembered to be thankful.

    Very lovely outfit!

    Happy late Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Vicki!
    I agree, we should always be thankful-but it's also nice to have a day especially set aside just for that purpose.
    Natasha:
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com
    PS: My mom really liked your skirt...was not happy to see it was thrifted! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Vicki! Yes indeed - I have so much to be thankful for too, every single day.
    Really, really love your skirt! Your outfit looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! :D I love your outfit and the bow is adorable! Your post is so true. So many times I forget to be thankfull for everything the Lord has given. We take such small things for granted too. Hope you had a lovely day! :)

    Lizzy <3
    www.prettymodestbffs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are braver then I. I cannot even get close enough to catch a spider in a cup. Or if I do, I leave that cup there and keep ten feet from it. And it kind of becomes a permit fixture in my room.
    I can't kill spiders either, or vacuum them up. I am convinced they will crawl out and attack me in my sleep. If if I try and kill them they will just crawl from under the boot and jump at me. Usually I just move to another room of the house and beg my brothers to save me.

    How far are you into the Hunchback series.
    Your Christmas holiday sounds like mine. I plan to do a lot of reading. (Aw, that made me smile that my book is on your list as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was told the Myth Busters disproved the silver ware in the microwave thing. We could inform them it is a true myth.

    I have been reading Peter's Angel, from the link I posted. I've only made it a few pages in, but I am really enjoying it. I am eager for her others to come out.

    Are you excited for your holiday break?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Children's movies are so much more fun then the ones normal teened girls go to. Five of us, all over eighteen, went to see Tnagled once, and we had more fun then the kids in the threatre. *Grin*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have I said how awesome you are Vicki? I'll say it again, You are Awesome! You have agreat sense of style and a lovely heart! Thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave for me. Have a fab Christmas! Blessings to you! BTW-are you asking for any clothes or historical/vintage inspired -thingies for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete