Friday, October 21, 2011

Sneak Peek of My Halloween Costume


Hi everyone!

I don't know about you, but I'm very psyched for Halloween to get here...I totally thought it was this Monday, and was very disappointed when my sister informed me that I would have to wait yet another week. But I still have last minute tweaks to make on my costume, so that'll have to tide me over.

So, can you guess what I'm being?

Ever since I saw the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie (in July), I knew I wanted to be a pirate for Halloween. So I've been working on this idea for a loooooong time now, which I guess kind of explains my impatience.

The most important part of a pirate's costume may very well be the hat. It's kind of like a trademark. So I knew I would need a pirate hat for my costume. The only problem is that I'm not really a hat kind of girl. But I DO like headbands and fascinators. So I drew from that idea, and made a miniature version of a pirate's hat. & I love how it turned out!



All I did was take some card stock, cut and fold it to the shape I wanted, then I used my hot glue gun to attach white felt to cover the cardstock. I lined it with some gray yarn to cover the edges, and ended up with a fun contrast. Then I glued on some featers -- Ostrich feathers from an old fascinator that had broken, and Dove feathers from our family's Dove (don't worry -- these came off when she was molting; I didn't steal them!). I also added the little skull and crossbones. Then, I plan on hot gluing a alligator clip to the back to hold it in place on my head.







Very cute, don't you think?(:

Are any of you dressing up for Halloween? What are you going to be?


3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Very creative:) I'm still deciding what to be for Halloween this year.
    -Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, soooooo cute! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete