Monday, May 9, 2011

Decoupage Plate

It's been a looooong time since I posted...but midterms are almost over with, and so I should be back with lots of posts, at least until finals.(:

Anyway, I actually made this plate a long time ago, when I was trying to come up with different DIY options for decorating my room. It didn't turn out quite as I had expected, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks! I was inspired to make this by a post on my friend's blog Creative Mind, where she transformed an old plate into something cool with newspaper. Here's hers:



& here's mine:



It's perfect for setting on a shelf, don't you think? It's just phone book pages, some magazine pictures, yellow acrylic paint, and a silhouette, drawn by me.(:



Well, have a lovely day (or night)!(:

Hopefully I'll be back with more posts soon!

-Vicki

5 comments:

  1. yay..its so cute..such a pretty effort you have done smartly..decoupage is always FUNNNN...
    keep it up honey ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Vicki! You're super talented, I've done a bit of exploring around your blog and am loving your creations. Nice to meet you via Khadija!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very artistic! You have done a great job. I'm here Via Creative mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a creative girl, Nice to see you :)
    Keep it up your nice blog,i try to follow but blogger is not working well,i will be back again

    ReplyDelete