Sunday, November 28, 2010

Anthropologie Inspired Box

Do any of you get the Anthropologie catalogs? I can pore over their yummy clothes and beautiful photos all day. Anyway, their last one was very imaginative, with lots of pretty vintage pictures - so pretty! Useful, too. I love using vintage pictures in my collages. And I came up with the perfect use for them. My mother gave me some old metal boxes to use for storage, and they were nice, but I thought...there's got to be a way to make these not only functional, but decorative as well. So I used my favorite technique with the phone book pages to cover the entire box with torn up pages. Then I took some ripped up sheet music and cut out a bunch of pictures. Some I had had before, but most of them were from the Anthro catalog. Then I outlined the torn paper edges in sharpie to give it some interesting depth. I did three coats of glue on top so they could withstand the "elements" of my room, and I was done.

Time-consuming, but simple. Here's how it turned out:



Pretty, right? And totally free, which is the best part of all.



What do you think?(: I really love how it turned out, and it's prefect for storing all my ribbons and sewing things.

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. This is really smart,specially the black outlines are stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete