Wednesday, January 11, 2017

My Everyday Makeup Routine

Photo Jan 11, 2 47 05 PM

Over the past year, I've made an effort to simplify my daily makeup routine. I think I finally got that down early this year when I was working at Panera in the mornings and gave my sleepy pregnant self a mere ten minutes to get ready. Since then, this has been my favorite everyday makeup routine...though, let's be honest, as a mama, there are often days I don't even get dressed, let alone do my hair or makeup. But when I do, this is my routine, or some variation of it. :)

Photo Jan 11, 3 21 08 PM
The first thing I do is cleanse my face--I really like these premoistened face wipes from Burt's Bees.

Then I fill in my brows with my Rimmel eye pencil.

Photo Jan 11, 3 24 57 PM
For my everyday eyeshadow, I like using this quad from Kat Von D's Shade + Light eye palette. I sweep the light brown shade ("Laetus") over my entire eyelid as a base, then add in a darker brown ("Samael"), blending from the outer corner towards the center, and into the crease. Then I use the darkest brown ("Solas") on the outer corner. I use the highlighter ("Lucius") on the inner corner of my eye. This creates a pretty gradient across my eyelid. :)

Photo Jan 11, 3 26 31 PM
Next, I use the ELF eyeliner to create a cat-eye.

Photo Jan 11, 3 28 14 PM
I use the face wipes to clean up any fall-out from the eyeshadow and then apply my foundation. I'm using Revlon's Colorstay Foundation in shade 110. I use my fingertips to apply and blend the foundation into my skin.

Photo Jan 11, 3 29 24 PM
I apply my concealer on top of my foundation. This one is the HD Concealer by NYX in shade number 1. I've seen contradicting tutorials about whether to apply concealer before or after foundation and personally, I find this works best. I dot it on with the applicator under my eyes and on any red spots or blemishes, then blend in with my fingertips.

Photo Jan 11, 3 30 27 PMAfter concealer, I blend my blush into the apples of my cheeks. In this case, I'm actually using a bronzer--Shadowplay from Kat Von D's Shade + Light contour palette. I feel like it looks really nice and natural against my skin tone, especially in the fall and winter months.

Photo Jan 11, 3 32 09 PM
Then I sweep my bronzer, Sombre, from the Shade + Light palette again, onto my cheekbones.

Photo Jan 11, 3 33 26 PM
I finish my look with a matte powder, mascara, and chapstick. Here, I'm using Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder, Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara, and Burt's Bees chapstick.

Photo Jan 11, 2 58 49 PM
Photo Jan 11, 2 59 45 PM

And there you have it! The whole process takes about ten minutes, which is perfect for me as a busy mama. :)

What products are a must for your everyday makeup?

Shop this Post:


1 comment: