Tuesday, August 25, 2015

the comfiest romper


//romper: forever 21 / striped crop top, shoes: charlotte russe//

This summer has truly flown by. I am amazed that it's already the end of August--where has the time gone? And overall, it's been a really good summer. Too hot, busy, and stressful, but still good. Wedding planning is in full swing--we are getting married on January 16th, and it seems so far away, but at the same time, it's coming up really quickly. So far I have found the perfect dress within my budget, thanks to my wonderful bridesmaid, who scoured the used dress sites to find the designer dress of my dreamsWe found and reserved a beautiful, 100-year-old venue with hardwood floors and swoon-worthy vintage details. We had beautiful engagement photos taken by a friend (so here's the question--are you guys interested in seeing the day-of-engagement photos AND the official engagement photos?I don't want to overwhelm you with too many posts on our engagement!), which we used to make our Save the Dates. Other bits of planning for decorations and things are coming together as well. And finally, we booked our hotel in Disney World (ahhh!!). I am so unbelievably excited. :) I can't wait to share more about planning and things! I will probably do a series of posts after the wedding about the planning process, if you all are interested. 

Anyway, this little romper that I picked up at Forever 21 last year is still my favorite thing. It's made out of the comfiest jersey fabric, and looks almost like a dress, but it's actually shorts, which I absolutely love. And with a little crop top underneath, it's just perfect and effortless. Also, these shoes from Charlotte Russe are my go-to summer heels. They're comfy enough for walking around in, and they're great for dressing up an outfit. 

Talk to ya'll soon!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting and busy summer! Glad you we're able to find the perfect dress without breaking your budget. Hooray for your bridesmaid! And you're venue sounds like perfection. I for one would love to see both engagement pictures; the more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to see BOTH sets of engagement pictures! I love things like that. And you look fantastic! That romper is definitely more along the vein of one I would wear, since it looks more like a skirt. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would love to see both sets of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To answer all of the "are you interested?" questions, YESSSS. More pictures, more stories, more planning details - YES to all!! :-)

    And I love the romper - you look stylish and comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!
    I almost bought I romper just like this one not to long ago. I may have to go back and buy it now:-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous dress on you. I love the mixed prints!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely want to hear every single wedding detail that you care to share!! So excited!!! :D

    ReplyDelete