Wednesday, August 19, 2015

so i did a thing... {k couture review}


//dress: c/o k couture / shoes: charlotte russe//

So yes, I did a thing. I've wanted red hair ever since I first read Anne of Green Gables (well, either that or Diana Barry's hair), and I've been talking about dying it for about a year or so now. So at the end of last month, on an impulse, I bought a box of dye and dyed it the next morning. And I love it. And so does Josh...thank goodness--I was worried he'd hate it. I already asked him if he wants me to keep it for the wedding, and his answer was an unequivocal "YES." Hehe. 

Anyway.

This dress was sent to me by K Couture so I could review their "design a dress" tool. K Couture is a family-owned business in Arizona, which is also where all their dresses are made. They offer custom formal wear (perfect for weddings!) in a variety of shades and reasonable prices. They have a wide selection of styles to choose from, including more conservative choices. They also have the option to design your own dress, by choosing your desired fabric, neckline, sleeve, waistline, and length, in addition to color. The "design a dress" tool is super easy to use, and I liked all the options they offered. The only thing I wish is that there were a few more options for skirt shape and length--I'd love to see something like a circle skirt! Ooh, and if there were an option to add pockets. That would be perfection.

The quality of this dress is great, and oh my, that shade of emerald green is just gorgeous. The sash style lends a bit of retro quality, which I also love. The only thing with the sash was that it was too thick to tie into a bow, so I simply knotted it--which I actually really like the look of. I also should have sized up. The skirt is a bit too tight in the hips, which causes it to pull across my stomach to show off an awkward bulge--so I would definitely recommend paying close attention to the sizing when ordering. So I wish it fit better, but In every other way, I love this dress. It's simple, but so elegant and classy. 

K Couture is also offering ya'll a 10% off coupon. Just enter the code Dress10 at checkout. :) 

Anyway, talk to ya'll soon!









10 comments:

  1. Vicki, this emerald color looks absolutely gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Love your hair. Maybe I will be brave enough to dye my hair someday:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAAA YOU REALLY DID IT!!!! You dyed your hair red!!! I love it so much! :-D :-D :-D

    I totally agree with Josh - you'll be a showstopper bride with your hair that color! <3 I'm doubly excited to see your wedding photos now!!

    ~ Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    I hope you check out my blog and please follow by email. I also have a Scripture giveaway going on right now, so I hope you look at it and enter. :) http://creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com/2015/08/its-time-for-a.html

    I hope you also check out my crochet shop. I would love to make something for you. ashleysyarnworks.blogspot.com

    In Christ,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that color is so pretty on you!
    xo Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your red hair! And I've fantasized about having read hair because of Anne, too. :) And the emerald green looks fabulous with it!!

    My new sister-in-law used K Couture for her bridesmaid's dresses at her and my bro's wedding. I loved mine! So elegant, and the size I ordered had enough room for my tiny (at the time) baby bump. :)

    When are you planning your wedding for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great color on you! Looking pretty!
    -Margaret
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is making me want to go back to red hair EVEN MORE. You look gorgeous with red hair! And that emerald green compliments it and your skin color so perfectly!
    What an awesome feature to be able to design a dress; it reminds me a bit of eShakti with their options to change skirt length and sleeves and neckline. I like how the dress looks on you, even with the few small flaws! I didn't notice until you said something!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like red hair, and it looks nice on you! I always wanted red hair, I even thought of doing what you did and dying mine, but mine is too black and I'm scared what will happen.

    I love the dress! It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the year of 2017. jadegownshop evening dresses cheadle hulme reviews People around me suddenly begin to hang out with.I'm feeling curious and suspicion at the moment:"Is this a thing now?"And here's my thoughts after research and the dress that I bought.jadegownshop prom dress slough reviews

    ReplyDelete